The Legend of Chaunc

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Big Daddy, May 19, 2008.

1. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

thats a great article. congrads chaunc

2. Very nice article. It's nice to see a fellow former steelworker get some print.
    I have a friend that fishes Shenango and he's been telling me to come that way for a couple years. I might have to take him up on that if I can pull myself away from Lake Erie.

3. WB185Ranger

WB185Ranger Gotta Love Odie!

4. congrats smitty . you be the king crappie!!! P/S does this mean we all go to ken;s house for a crappie fry??????????????????

5. Great job, keep it up!

6. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

geeze chaunc.i can't believe you come riding into town with your fancy little micro-spoons to fish one of our local lakes you've never seen before................post a great finish,take our money and run back home.then throw it in our faces with big newspaper articles for all the fishing world to see:eek::mad: ..................................;) :D
    nice job.very nice article,and you definitely are a top notch crappie catcher for sure.just wish i'd found more time to chat with you at the tourney.

and btw,thanks to those micro-spoons i've caught some pretty nice crappies:)

7. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Not my house, Jim, but at shenango lake this saturday. Our crappie club is having a fish-together at the lake and i'll be frying up a bunch of fillets. Everyone is welcome to come fish with us. Big Daddy has come over and fished this lake and done well. I'll do my best to put you on fish. PM me if you need more info or go to the website. www.keystonecrappie.com Anybody want to have a PA vs OH at the mosquito gathering this year?:p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Rick, the reporter got that part mixed up. I told him we finished 10th on a lake we never fished and third on mosquito. He was so excited catching those slabs, he got mixed up.:) And try those old reliable jigs. You wont be disappointed. They flat out hammer the crappies.
    [​IMG]

9. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

Way to go Ken! You need to come down and fish some of these other lakes in central Col. Luv those microspoons. :p :B

10. A reporter got the facts wrong??? That NEVER happens!!! LOLOLOL!!! ;) :)

11. mirrocraft mike

mirrocraft mike Now in a Alumacraft

Nice write up Chaunc. Looking forward to trying out those spoons .They came in last week ,but the wifes got a honey do list a mile long.

Big Daddy

What you doing checking out a Pitttsburg paper ?? Your not one of those Steeler fans are ya .:p LOL

12. Steeler fan? ME? Heck no...

Chaunc told me about it. I'm trying to get together with him on doing a TV story on crappie fishing with him, if I can ever get the time...

13. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

LOL.you only beat me to it cause i was away from the puter:D

chaunc,i told carl they used to do the same with my uncle.he got many write ups from local to national over the years,and when he read some of them he would just:rolleyes:

14. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

I almost forgot to mention that saturday is fish for free day in PA, so you wont even need a license to come over this way. Sure would like to see some OGF stickers out on this PA lake saturday.

15. Oh man, I'm not worthy :D :D

Good job Ken. Looks like spring has been good to you. It's been kicking my butt a bit when I've had time to get out. I'm getting some fish, but not a lot. Hoping 60 degrees and some decent, consistent weather will change that. I always got that one catfish I have to catch every time out to fall back on. :p

Barry

16. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

real good article.....nice to see another Pa native making the big time :p

17. still casting

still casting Them Boys

Chaunc , I will PM you Probaly will not have a OGF sticker by Saturday but I know for sure 1 ohio boat will be there. Black & Silver Allumacraft 90 etec Johnson 9.9. Congrats on the article. You deserve it. I'll look for you, what time does the fish fry start.

18. Just saw article great read!! Ken you are the man great job!! Wished i would of been able to talk to you more after tourney but had to get out of there fast!! Keep it up!!:)