Ohio Game Fishing banner
3221 - 3240 of 3408 Posts

· Registered
2,436 Posts
Kinda weird, every pond I scouted yesterday evening was completely skimmed over at the least. Was 33 when I was driving around after 4 o’clock. Got down to 19 last night so expected even better ice. Well on my way home today most ponds over 1/4 acre are now no more than 1/2 covered and the ice looks mostly like slush. The smaller ponds are looking awesome and probably 1” plus now of good looking ice. A couple of the bigger ponds are even in shaded areas with wind protection. Maybe I won’t be slamming gills and ditch pickles this weekend after all ☹

· Registered
1,307 Posts
I called the bait shop i frequent in Pere Marquette Michigan by Hamlin lake near Ludington to check on any ice. He said a few more weeks. Heading to Minnesota is a pain going thru Chicago the last couple times. Anyone ever been to Muskoka lakes in Ontario? Only 6 ish hours away.
Loving the dedication here. Have not been to those lakes. Simcoe is on my list though. Drove to Michigan from Akron area this past weekend. 5 hour drive gets you on 5-8” of ice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· POLAR PHILOSOPHER
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,233 ·

Good morning solid liquid fishers! - I see some ice fishing in our future!🧊

This building phase is taking longer than I’d like but maybe it’ll be nice & strong. Have faith those teens tens & single digit nights will do the job! 🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊🧊

Keep a close eye where you want to try it’s gonna skim up an cover with snow quickly. Keeping & eye on where the ice grows will help you navigate safer come game time.

· cheeryo
1,080 Posts
Loving the dedication here. Have not been to those lakes. Simcoe is on my list though. Drove to Michigan from Akron area this past weekend. 5 hour drive gets you on 5-8” of ice

my son and I are headed to the state up north this weekend, looking at the Cadillac area, we're just going to keep driving north until we find good ice, I tried to talk the wife into moving north years ago, I should have put my foot down......

· Registered
3,233 Posts
my son and I are headed to the state up north this weekend, looking at the Cadillac area, we're just going to keep driving north until we find good ice, I tried to talk the wife into moving north years ago, I should have put my foot down......
Be careful when you put your foot down...you may be on "thin ice" already...LOL

· Registered
1,307 Posts
Debating my plans this weekend myself. Was in mich last weekend

3221 - 3240 of 3408 Posts