Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2,101 Posts
Dave, if you ever want someone to go to deer camp all you gotta do is holler. By the way I went to culinary school.
Dave...same message...hunting solo myself until the weekend once my kid doesn't have school to worry about...I didn't go to school to cook, but I'm pretty sure my grub won't kill you.

· Registered
2,101 Posts

At the risk of angering the ice gods, I upgraded my rod storage. No more tangled lines by carrying them in a 5 gal bucket!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a similar rod case...never use it on the ice...just to store rods out of season...maybe took it on the ice once...5-gallon bucket for me, but I'm very particular on how I store stuff, so not many tangled lines.

Your case does look much deeper than mine...maybe if I had that one I'd use it more?

Don't worry about angering the ice gods...I look at it as honoring them...you're telling them to bring it on!!!!

· Registered
2,101 Posts
A few small perch and apparently the catfish bite was fire today. I couldn’t keep them off my line, had a lot of fun. Hope everyone is enjoying this season. View attachment 482047
That happened to me last night...not sure how many cats I landed...lost a few as well...biggest was 25.5"...two others over 20"...just missed first Fish Ohio for the year.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

· Registered
2,101 Posts
Anybody have a need for a float coat? Size Large, although it is realistically more like an adult small. It was my dad's and he asked that I give it a new home since he can't get out anymore. I get a some pix later and more details. Probably will be easier to meet up with someone on the ice.

· Registered
2,101 Posts
Nice. I looked up some of those, not cheap once you buy two of them.

Got a set of skiis from Goodwill the other day, so looking to get a smitty built...was hoping to scrounge up something light-weight instead of using 2x6's 2x4's for the stanchions and cross pieces.

We'll see what I can find...thanks.

· Registered
2,101 Posts
Maby @fishwithsons can send you some pics of his. He used uni strut and it turned out really good too. Seen some guys building theirs out of electrical conduit as well.
I have been considering strut as well...have plenty of small pieces and hardware...would just have to buy a stick for my cross pieces.

· Registered
2,101 Posts

· Registered
2,101 Posts
Sorry for the safety post, but it still amazes me the amount of people who either don’t own a spud or just don’t use one! I watched three groups blindly walk out. One of the groups walked right across some stuff that was just froze over a day and half ago. I’m sorry call me a *** but l would find it real tough risking my own life in front of my daughter to go save a moron! We couldn’t walk a direct route out to our spot because of weak spots. We just took our time and i spudded away. I’ve taught my daughter it’s not a race to get out there and getting back safe is better than catching a ton any day. I bet she knows more how to be safe at 9 then a lot of the so called professionals no spud folk out there. Ok I’m done lol
You're a good dad!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts