Ohio Game Fishing banner
1261 - 1280 of 1358 Posts

·
POLAR PHILOSOPHER
7,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,263 ·
Well my young white native most of the bites don’t shake your rod that u can feel it in the rod! am not ripping spoons or raps! U want me to put a big red and white Bobber on?
I’d prefer you use one that’s neon green and about the size of a 4 inch hole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
168 Posts
Fished a well know bay from 730 to 1230. Slow fishing for sure. 3mm gold tungsten with a single maggot. Kept 5 perch smallest was 8 biggest was 9.5 and 1 8" gill. I guess it wasn't slow if you counted all of the super dink gills and perch. Was a great time for sure. Ice was maybe 3.5 and not in the best condition. It'll stay though and be really good by monday.good luck and stay safe.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Hard to get excited over a farm pond or inland lake if it is not Erie or Saginaw then hard to get excited

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Just saying in general I would rather get on a snowmobile ride out set up a shanty s d then just join up some walleye perch bluegill a d crappie are hard to get excited for just saying

·
just 1 more cast!!!
2,769 Posts
Just saying in general I would rather get on a snowmobile ride out set up a shanty s d then just join up some walleye perch bluegill a d crappie are hard to get excited for just saying

Trust me, I get it... being on a machine is so much fun. Almost as fun as landing hog walleye through a 6" hole. But when it's shallow water walleye, it's all about stealth. Just walking around to pee will spook them. I really do prefer to fish away from others, no machines or yahoos zipping around all day. People walking up asking for bait selection and whatnot. I've seen it on livescope. Noise topside totally messes up anything activity feeding below you. Unless your 20ft over a huge school of crappie. Or on Erie with hundreds of fish moving through....oh, I like the exercise walking around provides too lol. But if it's miles of snow, nooooo thank you.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts

We get excited about it. No need to be a party pooper. If you don’t like it, no need to comment about it can’t wait to stick some panfish!

·
just 1 more cast!!!
2,769 Posts
Lots and lots of zig zagging... headlamp went dead and had to navigate by moonlight with 2" of shady ice and jumping 3...yes 3 pressure cracks sweeping water. You all will see them soon enough so be leery mi amigos. Did I mention it was raining too. Lol. The crappie situations I put myself in...but always seem to figure a way out.

1261 - 1280 of 1358 Posts