Ohio Game Fishing banner
2561 - 2580 of 2611 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Out of curiosity when was the last time you fished any December ice?

I can’t seem to remember you on scene anywhere when we were fishing December ice many many times in the past.

Speaking from experience we will likely fish some December ice. You maybe not some of us yes we will.

I’m sure you’ll be out by the 3rd week of January though. The bridges an reefs & even that little hole behind long lake bait will be Swiss cheese by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They love the nuclear ant in that little hole That’s for sure.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Out of curiosity when was the last time you fished any December ice?

I can’t seem to remember you on scene anywhere when we were fishing December ice many many times in the past.

Speaking from experience we will likely fish some December ice. You maybe not some of us yes we will.

I’m sure you’ll be out by the 3rd week of January though. The bridges an reefs & even that little hole behind long lake bait will be Swiss cheese by then.

Got my ice fishing started maybe close to 20 years ago when this steelhead junkie got frozen rivers early December one year. Would have given up if it had not been for the underwater camera I got a deal on, seeing all the fish that came up and nibbled on the power maggots I had on jigs, without ever taking the hook in their mouth.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I got some skis from FB marketplace today to build a smitty sled. Looking for suggestions on attaching the frame to the skis? I’d also like to make it somewhat collapsible to fit under my tonneau cover.

I welded up a few brackets that works pretty good, I guess you could do some wing nuts to collapse easy.
Road surface Triangle Wood Asphalt Parallel

Wheel Tire Sky Automotive lighting Car

Wood Shade Road surface Asphalt Automotive exterior

·
POLAR PHILOSOPHER
7,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,579 · (Edited)
Covered a lot of ground today. From Brimfield to Belleville ,Mansfield, Ashland , Wooster & Back to brimfield. Every pond I saw was locked up. Some of them looked very walkable.

Just because it’s gonna warm up a few days doesn’t mean that all areas will be affected equally. For 1st ice the name of the game is microclimates!

If you know you know.

2561 - 2580 of 2611 Posts