Ohio Game Fishing banner
2541 - 2560 of 2612 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
BB, time to get the spud bar in the truck! My ice gear goes in the truck beginning of December! Will be ready for when duty calls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes sir! I reckon It’s time to start toting the spud.

I thought you two always carried your spuds with you??? I didn't think you ever took them out of your trucks.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Looking and feeling mighty nice outside this morning, lake temps will be falling. Won't be long fellas, get those rods restrung with fresh line, tackle boxes organized and new blades on the auger. We will be on the ice before we know it!! ...
Well, I'll be taking Kits advice this weekend and getting my ice gear organized and ready to go after some garage cleaning. We will definitely be walking on water in December fellas. That's a guarantee

Guarantee in December? Dream on! Maybe for loomis82 up north but not for Akron area lakes. Gonna take a while for water to cool down and get decent ice cover. Been above average warm here for some time. After this weekend’s teaser cold, showing 40s for next couple weeks. :rolleyes:

·
POLAR PHILOSOPHER
7,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,558 · (Edited)
Guarantee in December? Dream on! Maybe for loomis82 up north but not for Akron area lakes. Gonna take a while for water to cool down and get decent ice cover. Been above average warm here for some time. After this weekend’s teaser cold, showing 40s for next couple weeks. :rolleyes:
Out of curiosity when was the last time you fished any December ice?

I can’t seem to remember you on scene anywhere when we were fishing December ice many many times in the past.

Speaking from experience we will likely fish some December ice. You maybe not some of us yes we will.

I’m sure you’ll be out by the 3rd week of January though. The bridges an reefs & even that little hole behind long lake bait will be Swiss cheese by then.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Out of curiosity when was the last time you fished any December ice?
I can’t seem to remember you on scene anywhere when we were fishing December ice many many times in the past.
Speaking from experience we will likely fish some December ice. You maybe not some of us yes we will.
I’m sure you’ll be out by the 3rd week of January though. The bridges an reefs & even that little hole behind long lake bait will be Swiss cheese by then. ...

Long time ago but have been out on MAIN lake ice before Christmas. Even with the weather so far this year there’s always a possibility this far out there could be some kind of ice somewhere in December. Don’t have any desire though to trek out from Palm Rd to fish in a foot or two of water or to search all over for a shallow protected bay with few if any fish just to say cut some holes and fished thru the ice.

Caught lots of fish in that little hole behind the baitshop after the shortest walk out ever! :D

2541 - 2560 of 2612 Posts