close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

the good old days

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big_fish, Aug 10, 2005.

1. big_fish

big_fish the fish whisperer

hey guys I posted this on another site and it got pretty good feedback so let me ask you can any of you guys remember back when you didn't need permission slips to hunt or fish and most farmers would let you hunt or fish as long as you took care of the place well those days sure are gone any body got a good old day story

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

The good old days for me was when I could catch lots of big fish and never see another fisherman..Those days are long gone.

3. can still hunt/fish anytime i want on a farm in illinois. im friends with the owner

4. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

USED to be a farmer would allow to help him out during the off season in exchange for hunting there in the fall. I always liked to split whatever I shot or would bring a gift during the holidays. Does not seem to be enough to make up for all the other "bad" times they have had with trespassers, fences tore down, trash left behind. ect...Looks like inconsiderate people have ruined a good thing.

5. Does anyone remember when keeping in touch meant we wrote a letter or called someone back when they weren't home? Don't get me started...lol I'm only 46 but when I think about the good ole days I feel 86.

6. I was gross hunting with my dad one snowy day and came up on a fence. Dad just steps across and precedes on. I make a commit to him about the posted sign. Dads words were, "Son I have know old man Lovejoy longer than most of his kin. The day that he cares if I hunt some gross is the day that he is laying in his grave and those nephews of his have came down from Cleveland and taken over the land." The funny thing is that we ran into Mr. Lovejoy later that day and he told us that his nephews had came down and put up the signs without him knowing it. To this day we still hunt on that piece of land. Very few places in my home area require a slip.