Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think most everyone has a "sure fire" or "go to" lure for certain types of fish. A nice list of these lures and their target fish might be helpful to new fisherman, and maybe some veterans could pick up a new trick or two, too.

I'll start off the list with:

Northern Pike -- Size 11 Original Rapala Silver/ Black back.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Canadian pike: Mepps #5 white bucktail/silver blade, 3"+ williams wobbler hammered silver

Canadian Walleye: 1/4 oz jig with chartruse twistertail, worm embellishment, hotntot silver/black

Erie Walleye: size 0 dispey, stinger spoon, bleu/green, run 25' deep in 38' water, wally deep diver/clown, erie dearie with worm embellishment

Smallmouth: 3/8 oz jig brown tube

Crappie: dynamite, long fuse

·
Registered
222 Posts
my "ole reliable" is a cp swinger with a #5 blade. it's just a matter of which blade color to use (silver or gold). if they made a #10 i'd buy that too. i have used it forever it seems. kinda suprised it's not more popular! i've caught the following on this lure: all types of local panfish, catfish, gars, smallies, largemouth, stripers, northern, and muskie. and i'm talking some nice fish :D :D :D i recommend them. only places i can find them are Kames in north canton, and some place in massillon (been a few years since i was there). $2.79 go buy yourself 1 or 5.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
river smallmouth- dark brown/black tube T-rigged
Largemouth- 6 inch lizard anytime, floating black/grey silver rapala
Storm Sub-wart (muddy water)

·
Registered
877 Posts
Jointed Shad Rap any color

·
Registered
258 Posts
JohnBoat said:
What exaclty is a cp swinger? Is it like an inline spinner of some sort?
Exactly... an inline with metal beads for the "body"

discgolfer said:
kinda suprised it's not more popular!
maybe cuz no-one carries them, but Kame's.... and everyone just goes for the rooster-tail/Mepps brand... everyone carries

i dont like inlines cuz they always twist my line up, swivel or not.... ill stick to my y spinnerbaits ;)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts