Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question Please........ I am very familiar with the western basin and have hammered em there this year. I get less familiar with the lake as I move east. I was hoping someone would be kind enough tell me where "The Crib" is along with a few landings/ramps and a bait shop close to there. I will be coming up this weekend and may have room for 1 more in the boat as well. I'm waiting on one of those fair weather guys to confirm. I doubt if he goes so anyone with knowledge of the area would be more than welcome onboard!:T :confused:

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm Trying To Find A Map Of That Area Also..there Was One On Here At One Time ,i Remember Seeing It.....it Showed The Different Ramps In Cleveand.....i'll Keep Looking

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hope this helps,

this is from I-90 & Rt 250, same exit for boat ramps, just follow the signs for launch ramps.

1: Start out going WEST on W PARK ST. <0.1 miles Map

2: Turn LEFT to stay on W PARK ST. <0.1 miles Map

3: W PARK ST becomes SOUTH ST. 0.1 miles Map

4: Turn RIGHT onto HAYES AVE / OH-4. 3.2 miles Map

5: Merge onto OH-2 E via the ramp on the LEFT. 50.6 miles Map

6: OH-2 E becomes I-90 E. 5.4 miles Map

7: Take the WEST BLVD exit- EXIT 167- toward OH-10 / LORAIN AVE. 0.2 miles Map

8: Turn LEFT onto WEST BLVD. 0.6 miles Map

9: WEST BLVD becomes W 101ST ST. 0.1 miles Map

10: Turn RIGHT onto DETROIT AVE. 0.2 miles Map

11: Turn LEFT onto WEST BLVD. 0.3 miles Map

12: Turn RIGHT onto CLIFTON BLVD / US-20 / US-6 / OH-2. Continue to follow US-20 / US-6 / OH-2. 0.9 miles Map

13: Take the ramp toward EDGEWATER PARK. 0.1 miles Map

14: Turn LEFT. <0.1 miles Map

15: Turn RIGHT. <0.1 miles Map

16: Turn RIGHT onto CLEVELAND MEMORIAL SHOREWAY. <0.1 miles Map

17: End at Edgewater Park Concession:
6500 Cleveland Memorial Sh, Cleveland, OH 44102, US Map

Total Est. Time: 1 hour, 8 minutes Total Est. Distance: 62.50 miles

·
Registered
48 Posts
Forgot to add to above post, the crib (water intake) is the big orange structure 3.5 miles straight out from the Edgwater ramps. This is the closest launch to the crib, can't miss it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Bopper! I don't even think my better 1/2 could get lost with those directions :D I appreciate the info. I am planning on coming up and fishing Fri, Sat and Sunday. I will post a detailed report. Thanks again!

Tom

·
Registered
88 Posts
OK, new guy to Erie here, what the heck is that thing?

I live in Dayton and made my first trip to Erie last Thursday with some co-workers. Went to Port Clinton and headed out NE of Bass Island. We caught 30 keepers between 3 boats. None of us have fished the deeper waters so we've got some qestions for the deep runner guys as well.

Do you guys use mostly divers to get deep? or just add weight?

·
761 Posts
Here is a paragraph from the following webpage -

http://www.clevelandwater.com/Historical/General/History.htm

More water, cleaner water and a much broader distribution network became necessary. The best solution, again proposed by chief engineer T.R. Scowden, was to draw water from far offshore where the water remained clean, an objective that required building a tunnel for over five miles under the lake bed that would end in a collection point, called a "crib". The work began in 1867 and took seven years of dangerous toil. The 87-foot diameter crib was also a home and a navigational aid as it was equipped with a lighthouse and a house for the lighthouse keeper. This stoic individual typically spent nine lonely months at his post, perhaps gazing longingly across the lake at the rapidly rising Cleveland skyline.

The easiest thing to run are dipsey divers to get the spoons or crawler harnesses or shallow running cranks to run deep.

·
useless poster
8,804 Posts
ch 25 did a story on it,and the other unusual places found in cleveland like the veterans memmorial,federal reserve bank and others.the bank has machine gun ports built into the steps and other places.

·
"SUPPERS READY" ON 68
254 Posts
Anyone Notice Its Leaning To The North A Little Bit? A Guy I Work With Was On It 2 Yrs Ago Putting Up The Solar Panels. Said It's Pretty Wild. Especially Getting On Their. And Their Is So Much Seagull Crap On It The Place Smells. My Kids Were Asking What's Up With The Horn? I Said Their Is A Guy On It Who's Job It Is To Press The Horn Button Every 10 Seconds.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Anyone Notice Its Leaning To The North A Little Bit? A Guy I Work With Was On It 2 Yrs Ago Putting Up The Solar Panels. Said It's Pretty Wild. Especially Getting On Their. And Their Is So Much Seagull Crap On It The Place Smells. My Kids Were Asking What's Up With The Horn? I Said Their Is A Guy On It Who's Job It Is To Press The Horn Button Every 10 Seconds.
I looks to me like the whole world's leaning in that picture

·
Lumberjack
1,526 Posts
I looks to me like the whole world's leaning in that picture
That is so the water from Lake Erie can drain over Niagara to Lake Ontario! :D

·
Banned
297 Posts
Any problems to look for launching here,any kind of fees? plenty of parking?. Any bait shops nearby? Forgive me for all the questions. I have never launched here before but plan to give it a try Sunday. Will be on 68

1 - 18 of 18 Posts