Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pretty windy out there today.. didn't get all that rain that EVERYONE was calling for either. took mom and john out of edgewater today and as we were heading north i talked with GOT ONE and he filled me in on his spot. thanks steve:) we nailed them fast to start off with, then it DIED!! we picked up a few here and there after that. trolled NE most of the time with the waves. when we trolled south we got beat up. made one final pass from west of the crib to northeast of the crib and finished up. 150 big dipsy on 3.5, 85 big dipsy on 1.5 orange crush stingers hot in the morn, then monkey puke stinger turned hot. used a circus freek mellon today that did pretty good to. no monsters, just GOOD EATERS. did i say that:p it did seam like the closer we got to the crib the more white bass we got. mom drove the boat all day and did one HELL of a job concidering the waves and wind she had to deal with. i like to post a photo so here it is:)

Attachments

·
Registered
965 Posts
Way to go EZ!! We did get lucky with the weather considering what the radar looked like @ 3:00am.. Did you drag any meat??

·
3,317 Posts
Nice catch EZ, how come there is no smoke coming out of the grill??

·
Registered
498 Posts
So that was you I saw out at the crib. I was the moron in the 16' trolling east / west just north of the crib. We didn't get started untill almost noon and were off by 4:00 took 5 fish, lost one at the boat, and I think I had a steelie on. There was another OGF'er drifting next to the crib.

·
Registered
572 Posts
good job and nice pic - now ill recognize that boat and give you a shout when out your way - usually hit geneva middle of july to end of september, then its bow season and i save some money sitting in a tree.

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice catch EZ, how come there is no smoke coming out of the grill??

FISHERS OF MEN, it's still cooling down from all the steelhead that i smoked last week:p

KASTING KING, was that you in the tan boat with an OGF shirt on?

RIPPIN LIP, i will see you at geneva. im told better ramps that bula. plus there free:D

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
FISHERS OF MEN, it's still cooling down from all the steelhead that i smoked last week:p

KASTING KING, was that you in the tan boat with an OGF shirt on?

RIPPIN LIP, i will see you at geneva. im told better ramps that bula. plus there free:D
Ramps in Geneva are among the best on the lake, IMO

·
3,317 Posts
Ezbite, I am going to smoke soon, I only have 10 to do, If I can stay away from the lake, I might get a chance! We did good today. Rippin Lip will be posting.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I wish I had a pic like ezbite to post, but I didn't do so well after my first trip to the crib today. Started out west of the crib, 54 feet, trolled east zig zagging into about 48 feet. Four (4) eyes and so many white bass I couldn't count them all.

Heard some good reports off of Euclid...have these fish moved a little east, or north, or was I just too rusty?

Just got the kinks worked out of my kicker today, so was happy to put in a full day on the water. Wish I had some eyes to show for it.

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wish I had a pic like ezbite to post, but I didn't do so well after my first trip to the crib today. Started out west of the crib, 54 feet, trolled east zig zagging into about 48 feet. Four (4) eyes and so many white bass I couldn't count them all.

Heard some good reports off of Euclid...have these fish moved a little east, or north, or was I just too rusty?

Just got the kinks worked out of my kicker today, so was happy to put in a full day on the water. Wish I had some eyes to show for it.
we had to get away from the crib to get away from all those white bass. the farther the better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts