Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished NE of the crib in 53FOW with some friends on Sat. looking for some walleyes. Well we found them but it was not easy, we launched out of edgewater around 730ish and got right on them, boxed 10 before we knew it, then it shut down for awhile. We had to drop my freinds grandpa off at the ramp at 1pm, by that time we had 16 in the box and his grandpa was grining from ear to ear. So dropped him off at the ramp and he only wanted five so we put them in his cooler and he went on his way. Then we headed back out and the guys coming in said it was tough and 60 fow was best, most guys said they had about 16 like us so we headed back out and set up on our original spots and went back at it, my friends wanted to try 60 but I said lets stick it out here. Nothing was happening and they were getting anxious, wanting to move to 60. It took eveything I had to get them to stay put, but we did and boxed the last 7 for our limit by 330pm. If aint broke dont fix it right? 23 total and if the old man would have taken 6 we would have surley gotten the last one for the full 4 man ticket. 3 big dipsey's #3 setting 110 back did most of the damage and two medium dipsey's #2 setting 140 back picked up the slack, harness's sucked today and the spoons were it. Hot spoons were chix wing being #1 and raz b dolphine #2, other spoons of various clors got some also. I was wondering how others faired Sat. in that area? Any feadback would be greatly appreciated, go get them thay are every where this year!:D Oh, I alomst forgot we got one steelie to boot, on a kevorkian colered stinger on the big dipsey setup, but did not land it. Man those fish fight like crazy in the open water, it broke off one of the hooks on the treble hook and thats how it got off!

·
Registered
965 Posts
We took a 4 man limit Sat. from crib to 60 ft with 55-60 being the best. boy/girl worm harness off downrigger 35 ft down took at least half of the fish plus a steelhead which was a suprise off a harness. jet 30 @ 110-130 back off big boards and big dipsy @ #[email protected] 65 was the rest of the program. silver leaf monkey puke good in am and from 10 am -1 pm all big spoons. Dbl orange crush,watermellon and ray's razberry dolphin. Had one guy troll right across behind us and he took a spoon,jet and 150 yards of power pro with him. It looked like he wrapped it in his prop and he was stopped for quite a while. That just burns my arse!!!!! For the most part everyone was pretty cool to each other on the trolling ediquette.
2 fish were 19 inches and everything else was 21 to 26".

·
Duck Enemy #1
220 Posts
Glad someone was in them. I fished north of the crib, east of the crib, south of the crib all the way out to 60 fow. Could only manage 4 in 7 hours. Some days you just dont have it I guess......

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys, I feel good about my decision to stay in the same area we were in before we dropped gramps off at the ramp. 60 fow may have been better for some but not others and we had some spots with fish marked already. Thank god for GPS, we just went back over our marks and finished our limits. I don't know how we ever fished without GPS. Next up Conny, I need some jumbos to finish up my stock for my annual family fish fry.:D

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Fished off Edgewater saturday with Zachtrouter. It was great fishin with ya Zach......pleasure was mine.

We fumbled our way to 10 eyes, most 17-21" with one 27" 8 lb fatty. When Zach stretches his arms over his head.....he is longer than my boat. THAT...is a great netman.....he makes my net handle two foot longer.

All spoons....chicken wing/kevorkian/confusion/shrimp....were best low and slow mostly in 50-57 fow. Did best at 1.7-2 on gps. Stayed north of the pack north of the crib, then ran to the west edge of the Gold Coast and added three there in an hour.

Lake was too flat but thats what small rigs like mine need. Patience and experimenting helped us find fish.

·
Konfused Kayaker
5,223 Posts
Our first shot at trolling saturday. We trolled 50-53 ft west of the crib.
Almost all hits on 3 way with a plug and spoon. We kept 3, lost 3.
Considering we fished from 12:00 til 4:00, like idiots, at the worst time of day,
we were happy. :)

·
Tom B.
3,920 Posts
We were out sat. and sun. Repeat on both days. Two of us fishing saturday and three on sunday. Started out halfway between crib and edgewater. Jet 20's 60 back w/ stingers took 9 on sat and 6 on sun. Headed north of crib at 11:00a.m. when those fish shut down. Fished west of the nets. Dipseys close to bottom took two more on saturday by 2 PM. On Sunday we picked one up here and there to take two more limits by 3 PM. We changed spoons and settings so many times I lost track of what we were running. A couple productive spoons were Double Orange Crush, Chartreuse Pooh Bear, Lamicakes, Mayfly, and Pooh Bear. On Sunday we caught the last six with the dipseys up around 40-44 feet down. A lot of work for each fish. No one spoon/depth combination took more than 3 fish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.