Fish Whisperer
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Springtime trip to Cowan for Bass

Gas= $35

Cheap Breakfast=$5

Lost time @ work=$250

Catching 1 Bass in 7 hours!=$0

Kicking the crap out of the guy that gave Cowan an "EXCELLENT" rating for Bass on the DNR website.....

=PRICELESS :mad:

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Just be glad you didnt hit CC, you would have been skunked... :p
Cowan s a moody lake in my opinion, I have not fished it but 1-2 times a year for the last 15 years and sometimes we do great and other times we take a beating... Im sure others will chime in but I think youll find those bass pretty finicky. Oh yeah, DNR has to choose the best in the district and guess what? District 5 is the toughest bass water in the state.

Salmonid

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Cowan was a great little bass lake....about 10 years ago.

The bass get hit HARD! When you have to wait in line to fish a shoreline, you know there is a lot of pressure.

There are still some nice fish in there, but they have seen every lure known to man. Also, I have never done very well at Cowan when the water was muddy. I used to fish Cowan a lot, but now I only give it a try a few times a year.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I with Rooster on this one. I used to tell everyone you had to take a number to fish the shorelines in there. I believe the fish are in there, ya' just got to figure them out. This is a tough part of the world to be a bass fisherman.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I with Rooster on this one. I used to tell everyone you had to take a number to fish the shorelines in there. I believe the fish are in there, ya' just got to figure them out. This is a tough part of the world to be a bass fisherman.

I used to go there 2 twice a week until the mid 90's when I got a larger boat. I get there once or twice a year now but I plan on trying it a little more this summer. I may try to find the saugeyes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts