close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Corruption Continues....

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Reel Lady, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Hehe... we continue to be a bad influence on Triton Bill by keeping him out way past his bedtime
    Although I must admit, he does impress me with the small amount of self control that he does exhibit when it comes time to get the boat out of the water and head for home. BUT... I do wonder... would he still exhibit this self control if the fish were biting like crazy?????? Hopefully one day, he will be put through this test.... hopefully.... :)
    Our tournament continues...and so far.. Bill is in the lead. Last night he caught 2 large mouth bass using his beautifully choreographed casting technique. :eek:
    Marcia (while on Bills boat) caught....ummm.... ZILCH...zero.... none... BUT.. had a great time
    My boat which had Reel Man (Rob), Reel Son (Zach), and Reel Friend (Kyle) had a pretty slow evening (being that they ended up beaching themselves.. and not on purpose), and wasted valuable fishing time getting themselves unstuck! Yes Bill.. thats what the commotion was over on their boat. Remember.. we kept looking back at them asking..."Hmmmm... what the heck are they doing???" Well, thats what they were doing! And here we thought they caught a HUGE muskie and were hiding it till the weigh in...LOL
    Well, after the beaching episode :eek: , Kyle managed to reel in a nice crappie. Zach was on the verge of disqualification when Bill and I discovered that he was CHEATING by pulling a bobber with a worm behind the boat...could you imagine that????
    hehe.. he was desperate to win! Zach, may I give you some advice? Next time you try to cheat like that in one of our tournaments...you may want to try a smaller, less conspicuous bobber that does not light up the evening sky! Seeing that glowing bobber trailering behind you boat was a dead give away!
    After Bill decided it was time to go, the tournament continued. Rob went on to catch a nice channel cat using shrimp. And shortly after that, Zach managed to pull in both of Rob's lines :eek: along with a another channel cat. This one was smaller than his Dads.
    Oh well Zach.. maybe next time
    Final Score-
    Rob -1 cat
    Zach - 1 cat
    Kyle - 1 crappie
    Bill - 2 1/2 - 2 bass and 1/2 of of Huge Muskie
    Marcia - Nothing (but a bunch of laughs!)
    Gosh, maybe I should try a rubber cat for bait next time! lol :D
    Marcia

2. catking

catking Banned

Thanks Reel Lady for the fine report :) Don't build Triton Bill up so much in the next report, he will be hard to be around in the future ;) Sounds as if you all have a great time while chasing fish. Good for you all....CATKING :cool:

3. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

Great report Reel Lady, next time make the tournament a "catfish only" I'll bet you can beat Bill then :D :D

4. LOL, beautifully choreographed cast! :rolleyes: I think good casts to make all the difference in the world unless the fishing is really good. To say my casts are that good, well, LOL, not so sure about that. I do practice them though, especially in the winter time when I'm bored and wishin I was fishing.

If the fish were biting like crazy you could bet I would stick it out longer as this doesn't happen for me much at West Branch! It's easy to have self control when the bite is slow. I really wish I could stay out later on weeknights but getting to bed at 12am and getting up at 6:15am is just about right. Any later than that and I would be dreaming about fishing at work! :cool:

That muskie I almost caught was about 3 foot long, wish I would have got that one! It was really aggressive and made 3 attempts at my plastic lure! It would have been hard to get in without shredding my line since I only had a small hook tied on.

I think I can hold my own in a catfish tourney, only time will tell! Afterall, I caught that 26" Cat last Saturday :p . Before I owned a boat and growing up as a kid I catfished from the bank(ohio r. and various lakes) almost every weekend. Last weekend when I catfished I couldn't remember hardly anything about what I used to do catfishing! My my what you forget in 8-10 years!

Next spring we'll have to add crappie tourneys to the list.

5. Did someone say crappie????

6. Hey big-D, I know your a crappie fan you wouldnt believe what I caught one on last week a big ol casting spoon! Caught it in the lake by my office, we cant put boats in so I wanted something that would cast really far so I put on a casing spoon that i use in Minnesota for lakers and chucked it out as far as I could in the lake and caught a crappie right out in the middle. I couldnt believe it!

7. Cool! Those crappie will hit at anything. We got one trolling cranks at Tappan last weekend, about 9 incher.

A few weeks ago, we got into them pretty good at Nimisila. Nothing big, but edible.

May try West Branch pretty soon as well. Going to try the deep wood and see if Ican figure them out this time of year out there.

8. Reel Lady

Here is a pic of the 2 catfish that were caught last night. Zach suffers a blow to his self esteem after learning that his Dad's is bigger than his. :eek:

Happy Fishing :D
    Reel Lady (Marcia)[​IMG]

9. Nice catfish! Wish I had been there but NOOO i had to go home and get some sleep!

10. Reel Lady

Hmmm.. Well ya know what Bill??? We all have choices to make in life....sometimes you make the right choice... other times... not... Looks like your choice THIS time may not have been the better of the two! :D
    There is always tomorrow :p

11. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

I wondered why all the steam was coming out of my computer; and then I opened up the NE forums and found Marcia's new avatar! ;) :D ;)

-heading out to W.Branch right now with Lynda until about 1:00 this afternoon.

12. Reel Lady

What a shame that our paths didnt cross... Rob and I got there at 8:30pm last night, and returned home today...7:30pm. (23 hours on the water, 2 catfish, and 1 smallmouth) To say that I am a bit delirious at this point, is probably putting it mildly! We had so much fun though, and the weather was beautiful. (until about 3:00AM.. it was a bit chilly) Thank god for our new campertop :) Keeps things so much drier.
    This morning we decided to explore the "No Wake side" of West Branch. We went into a cove on the right side where Rob caught a very pretty smallmouth. We saw lots of carp activity going on way in the back of this cove, but we are clueless about how to catch carp.
    Well, I should probably wrap this up so I can get some sleep cuz boy do I ever need it! :D

Happy Fishing~!
    Marcia

13. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

chuck some corn out there..and put a few kernals on your size 4 or 6 baitholder hook..cast to where you threw out the corn..sit and wait.. :cool:

14. Reel Lady

What kind of corn are we talking about here??? Frozen, canned, fresh?
    You mean these BIG fish will eat just a tiny piece of corn????
    Do you fish on the bottom? With bobber/no bobber?
    I seriously am clueless!

Reel Lady (Marcia)

15. catking

catking Banned

Canned sweet corn fished on a #6 hook (small) on the bottom with little weight will get them. Just hook the corn through the sides and fill the hook. Small hook is VERY IMPORTANT ;) and small weight.........CATKING

16. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I've been carpin and cattin the last month. It's what I typically do during the late summer slowdown. I have been using a #2 up to a 2/0 hook. I haven't lost many with the 2/0. The 2/0 isn't too big to fit in their mouth plus it's useful for the occasional channel that will eat your corn.

I stop by a corn stand on the way home from work. Cut the kernals off 2 ears taking care to cut the whole kernal. Cover the hook with as much corn as you can fit on it and toss it out. Toss a half a handfull of corn in a 5' radius around your hook and sit back. Make sure your bail is open or the pole is secured! That's very important.
    I've used hair rigs with corn and boilies and I don't hink it's worth the hassle of threading corn on the line below the hook. Remember KISS.
    Keep it simple stupid.

17. catking

catking Banned

The reason for the hair rig is to catch the BIG carp ;) They are very wary of line/sinkers/hooks. Many 10-20's can be caught on simple rigs . But not the big boys. But when you just want to have fun, like Reel Lady is talkin about. Simple hook& corn will do. CATKING

18. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Yes, its too bad we didn't get there sooner, might have run into you guys. Which ramp are you usually using these days, or should I say nights?;)

19. Reel Lady

Hi Jim,
    Usually Rob and I launch from the ramp closest to the dam. But, if we are really limited on time, and just want to get in the water ASAP, then we use the ramp by Rock Spring Road. It's pretty hard to be discreet in the parking lot because of the graphics on our van. (Woodworking Equipment Repair).
    hehe.. we were out on the lake last night and my cell phone rings...who could it be??? It was Triton Bill calling from the boat parking lot wanting to know if we were in HIS SPOT! (he was really just kidding :D ) I told him "Dont bother coming to his spot cuz I caught all of HIS fish....
    What a funny guy he is...... :p

Happy Fishing!

Marcia

20. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

It really makes me happy to hear how well you guys like your new boat and fishing, and how well you have fit in here. I always look forward to reading your reports and the fun you guys are having together as a family. You could be our "postergirl".;) (inside joke)
    -out of courtesy you should leave Bill one fish in his spot. LOL