The bite is gettin' hotter!

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by JimmyC, Apr 16, 2008.

1. JimmyC

JimmyC RoAd TApe

The bite is gettin' hotter! Mosquito crappies are starting 2 turn on pretty good! Still alot of small ones being caught but the keeper numbers are growing pretty fast! The slabs seem 2 be biting before dark (about an hour before) and it has been slowing up after dark but not too much..... the smaller ones are biting at dark with an occasional slab here and there(Threw back probably 15-20 small ones)! I brought about 20 home (i ran out of minnows!!!...by the way the bait shop is low on medium sized minnows...I usually get a mix of small and medium!!!)....my uncle got at least 40... (he stayed later and just called me 2 give me his count)! Bobber and minnow about 3 1/2 ft. down:G! We're supposed 2 have good weather until at least the weekend so get up there and "get you some"! I'm gonna try and make it up as much as i can so hope 2 see u there!........Pictures: My stringer,and 2 of the 4 12+in slabs!

Attached Files:

2. dmills4124

dmills4124 don m

Yummie, I can hear the sizzle now.

don m

Ps ouch the grease is spitting and HOT.
    Gr8 pics, get more minnows next time or(commercial time) a bucket of gulp.LOL

3. I_WALL_I

I_WALL_I Member

I can smell 'em!! Nothing better than fresh fried crappie with a side of beer!!:p

4. Lucky SOB! Are you going tonight? I am probably going to make the trip up there.

5. Nice job Jim! I'll be on the water early Friday all day and obviously Saturday.

6. JimmyC

JimmyC RoAd TApe

ight vegz get your bass on this weekend,LOL......over the tawp! Jus got outta work...I'm headed up now!

7. JimmyC

JimmyC RoAd TApe

Got a few 2night! Not as good as last night! There were more people up there also! I didn't run out of minnows either LOL!!!! ......... Yummie is right.... Crappie and a bud light....oh yeah!!! The freezer's gettin full!.... Almost time for the fry!!!! Will keep u guys posted!

8. i cann't imagine why there would be more people there:confused:

9. Tuesday night was a good one. I'll be out tonight and report tomorrow. Same as Jimmy said, you have to weed the little ones out but you'll be able to get some nice ones.
    ________
    Contour

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  10. went up there on a hunch thursday night,the bite started around dark and slowed a bit after an hr or so,but it picked up here and there till around 2 am dint get another bite,left around 4 am,took a dozen pretty nice ones home,thinking bout heading up again next week after the cold front moves out,much nicer during the week than the weekend,may the bite be with u all!!!

11. stormfront

stormfront Guest

waded south tonight but did no good. drove across the causeway and there were very few parking spots left. even the tubes on n. park ext. were elbow to elbow. ran into a couple of buddies fishing the refuge road and the best they could do was a couple of small crappies. said they struggled last night also.

12. Waded south end last night with my buddy. It was a good night... first time we got limits this year. Fished from about 7:30 until 10:30. Most of the fish were caught in the dark. Nice size as well. Only released 2 or 3 between both of us, as most fish were in the 16 in. range. Big fish was a fat 20 incher.

13. JimmyC

JimmyC RoAd TApe

Caught a few crappies at the marina docks friday night! Didn't get off work til 7 and there were no spots left at the causeway so i figured i'd try the docks! Like i said.... i got a few...they were keepers... but nothin like the causeway numbers! Headed out again 2morrow night and tues. night also! Will keep you guys updated!