close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Thanksgiving Pheasant at Spencer

Discussion in 'Upland Game and Hunting Dogs' started by Lil' Rob, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Will anyone be at Spencer on Thanksgiving morning for the pheasant release? Would like to meet up with folks from the site.

2. I value my life too much to go out there on any release day :eek: .

3. I am going to Shreve for turkey day release. There only releasing 80 so hopefully there won't be a big crowd down there....................Rich

4. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Spencer is a friggin' madhouse on Thanksgiving. I think for most of the people it is the first time with a gun in their hands. I'd never do it again. If you feel lucky, and end up going, I would suggest wearing safety goggles. No joke.

5. I appreciate and understand the concerns you have all posted. I'm not sure why I typed in Spencer...I actually going to Wellington. The layout of the fields at Spencer do not make for a safe outing. I've been going to Wellington for a few years now and have not heard or seen firsthand of anything too bad.

So...if anyone is going to WELLINGTON this Turkeyday, maybe I will see an OGF sticker or something somewhere and perhaps we'll have a chance to talk.

Hope all have an enjoyable and safe Thanksgiving...in whatever you may have planned.