close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Thanks guys for computer problems

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by Action, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Just got Norton because my puter was to slow lately. Here I have over 100
    problems and 98% are casslemedia spyware. Anybody else have this problem.
    Thank god my puter is working again but that Norton is expensive.

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Action, if this problem does appear that it is coming from our site, It can effect your computer in several ways, anything you open, download or view anything it can cause it to hit your computer. We are checking to see if we can find out where it came from. Run your Norton, and any other spy ware you have to deleate it. I run mine daily and have also found this, but it was removed and taken off here. Please don't blame us for this problem unless you know for sure that we, or something on our site has caused it and not a post made by someone caused it. Norton may be expensive but I also have it along with a few others and I feel it's well worth it to prevent spy ware or a virus from attacking my computer. Again we are checking to see if we can find out who, or where it came from. We'll keep everyone up dated.

3. I did a test last night and this is my results. I ran virus and adware checker. Cleared all cookies and all temp files and history. I Logged on to the internet and to OGF and read any threads. I then logged off and ran adware again. I came up with casalemedia, advertising, and fastclick. I get fastclick every day I log onto OGF with a pop up. I did post a thread a few months ago about this. I cannot say this proves it is comming from OGF but it does seem to fit in with other members reports.

4. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Dale, it's coming from one of our ads based on my symantec logs.

5. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

My Bad Shake. Thanks for figuring it out. Now all we have to do is get it fixed!

6. Elamenohpee

Elamenohpee Banned

I just did a scan and found 3 , blocked thenm all, ran the scan again and had none, logged o to OGF, closed it, ran scan and found 1...new.net, malware and dataminer.

7. catking

catking Banned

The tech team is working on this and it will be fixed . Hey Action, we didn't do this on purpose ;) But it will be taken care of........ CATKING

8. I was just being sarcastic because I know sarcasm is appreciated here. :p

9. catking

catking Banned

I hear ya Action......... ;) .............. CK

10. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

ALL non-google ads here have been disabled while we research the issue.