close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Thanks for another good event!! Map Day that is...

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by KSUFLASH, Nov 20, 2004.

1. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

I just wanted to say thanks to those whom were able to make it out to the Mark a Map Day at West Branch today. Thanks for bringing so much food, and a big thank you goes out to Parrot Head Jim for cooking. I appreciated it and it tasted well. It was good to finally meet those whom I hadn't had the oportunity to meet yet.

I went through all the maps that you guys marked on and we have approximatley 50 new spots. WOW!!!!!!!! is all I can say. I think the day went off without a hitch and I appreciate everyone taking some time to do this. It will be beneficail to us all come spring time.. :D I hope everyone had as much fun as I did, and I hope to see you all soon.

I will be working on the combined map over the next month or so. I will have it mailed to all of you when it is ready.

I have to say that nothing happened to my boat today, the motor didn't fall off, and everything was uneventful in my boat, but there was another member that did have an interesting thing happen to them. How about remembering too remove your tansom saver before you put the boat in the water and starting that motor up. It doesn't sharpen the prop but it sure does dull it and make a nice pinging sound!!!!! :eek:

And for the record, I took TxTransplant too school today.

Bring on the ICE... ;)
    -Ben

2. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Haha.. I see you beat "HIM" to it Ben! Oh boy... you may be paying a high price for this one :D I must admit... that was pretty funny.
    Anyway, It was so nice to see (and meet) all of you wonderful OGFers...

[​IMG]
    Marcia

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015

3. So who did that stupid thing? I could excuse em if they were hungover or somethin! !!!!!!!!!

4. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

Took me to school?????????>>>>>>>>>>>..............you really gonna count those little dink gills as a lesson!! Some people really stoop low! Thats OK Ben.....when the ice gets here I will be handing out the lesson books! LOL thanx for a great time! Jim the food was awsome!! Nice to meet all you OGF'ers and be able to put faces to the names. Hope to see some of you on the ice and if not on some of the new spots we put together in the spring! That was a lot of fun and one heck of a way to learn a lake! Good job Ben. Hey what goes "ping.....ping....ping.....vrooooom....ping....ping....vroom"?

Answer.....A hungover John in his boat without removing the transom saver!!!! LOL
    By the way John......what the heck were those strange sounds comming from the out-house you were in??? Sounded like a herd of wild hogs! :)

Gene

5. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

You know for as much fun as we have getting together, we should do it more often.:D I had a terrific day today, and I want to thank everyone who was able to come out for making it such a good day.

It was really good to see everyone again and meet JIG and TxTransplant.

I have to give a special thank-you to Ben for thinking of, and organizing this. :cool:
    And also to Jim(Parrothead Jim), (as Ben has said) for bringing burgers,hot dogs, buns, condiments, baked beans, etc. and cooking them all. Jim, that was "above and beyond", thank-you. ;)

Ben, I need your mailing address. (for my map and #'s) :eek:
    Oh, and thanks again for the wax worms Ben, they made the difference. ;-)

Special Note- Congratulations to Lewzer and his wife on their brand new baby girl, Lily Grace.:) Mike understandably wasn't able to join us today. I hope your wife and Lily are doing great, Mike.

- Jim

6. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Well, I can only take a guess...He did claim to "Start" making some chili for the outing today, but claims that he "Burned" it (which is why he didn't bring it).... Personally, I have a feeling that he ate ALL of the chili himself! That may be an explanation for those hog like sounds coming from the out-house.... :D
    Marcia

7. I Would Like To Thank Everyone For Sharing A Thing Or Two With Me Today! It Means Alot To A Guy When People Like Yourselfs Visit My Favorite Lake. Maybe Next Year Itll Be Yours Too. :d As For The Annual Picnic Jim, You Better Leave The Cookin To The Bird Man. He Cooks A Mean Burger! :) Seems To Keep People Happy! Thanks Again! Jig

8. Everyone, it was great to meet you all that I hadn't met before and sure was a great time! I wish I could have stayed longer and would have had it not been for the my buddies wedding. Great food, fun and friends... can't beat that!

Take care and hopefully see you soon.

9. As always another great OGF outing. I would like to thank Flash for organizing the event. I learned a lot about the lake today when you put down the fishing rod and actually study the lake that you are fishing. It was a pleasure to meet all you OGF'ers. Hopefully we can share a seat and bend a few rods in the boat one day. The most wild part of the day for me was watching those stripers slaming into that bait at the dam. You could see the backs of the fish streaking across the surface and bait flying out of the water trying to get away. The sea gulls were having a feeding frenzy picking up all the stunned and dead bait.......JIM

10. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Another great time. It was nice to see some familiar faces as well as meet some new ones. Thanks again Jim for letting me borrow your pull cord after my cranking battery died and my giant biceps broke 3 or 4 cords that I had.

11. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

My pleasure, I'm glad I was around to help.

- Rumi