Thank you...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ohioualum1, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Hello...my name is Jen and I am Grumpy's (Wayne's) daughter. I was introduced to this site by my Dad's good friend, Misfit. In the days that have followed my Dad's passing, I have found comfort in reading your replies to Misfit's updates as well as my Dad's previous postings. I just wanted to say "Thank You" for your thoughts and prayers. Fishing was so much more than just a past time for my Dad, it was a part of him. This community meant a lot to him as well and I am sure he would be touched by the care and support shown. Again, thank you. Jen

2. Take comfort in the fact your Dad is fishing the best waters ever imagined. I lost my Dad a couple years ago and I can just picture him playing euchre with his buddies.

3. Jen, I'm glad you found the site and got signed up. There is a lot of great information here, as I'm sure you've come to notice, that will be helpful as you guys carry on his tradition. If you have any questions just ask and someone will help you out.

Tony

4. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

ohioualum1..............Thanks for your comments....As you are finding out, support and compassion ,can and do make a differenct..... Good luck and god bless to you..........Jon Sr.

5. ;) Jen welcome to OGF... Our prayers and thoughts are with you....It is hard to loose someone...but we all do...the pain will ease ...but his memories will last your lifetime...Dad is fishing on that big silver lake ...God Bless You and your Family...
    :F GOOD FISHING GUYS & GALS:F

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  6. I'm very sorry at the loss of your father. I'm also sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you at the funeral home. I was standing with misfit and fishintiger but I did not stay for the memorial service. I did pay my respects to your mom, brother, and of course to our beloved "Grumpy".

p.s. I loved all the photos...especially the fishing tribute :F.