Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
HouseTackle
2,054 Posts
Rain always makes my favorite spot muddy and flooded for a good 3 days. Do you have good luck right after a storm?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Should be back down to where I like it some time Thursday afternoon.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Flood replenishes the rivers and allows fish to move up and down stream to new holes and once the water goes back down they are active. My smallmouth spot will be good for about a week before the water settles back down.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The Flood replenishes the rivers and allows fish to move up and down stream to new holes and once the water goes back down they are active. My smallmouth spot will be good for about a week before the water settles back down.
is your small mouth spot the spot I seen you on your way to Sunday morn?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
is your small mouth spot the spot I seen you on your way to Sunday morn?
No its actually on the other side of the river..That spot I was going to sunday morning is my go to spot for catching anything..ive caught some smallmouths in that spot..but I usually get a mixture of things from small/largemouth, whitebass, sauger, cats. Its a fun spot.

·
Optimistic
144 Posts
tempted to hit the lmr up tonight but held off because I didn't even have an hour before dark. Got that itch though.

·
Señor Member
852 Posts
Skippies have been heavy in the lmr, but I haven't seen a single gizzard shad. Last year they made up about 80% of the mass of the river in certain spots. I suppose the gizzards may be running scared from the skippies. I'd run too, skippies are psychotic... :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Skippies have been heavy in the lmr, but I haven't seen a single gizzard shad. Last year they made up about 80% of the mass of the river in certain spots. I suppose the gizzards may be running scared from the skippies. I'd run too, skippies are psychotic... :D
You know I've heard of skippies in the LMR but I never thought it was true. Do you catch them at dams in the LMR?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts