Text Messages Blocked?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ruminator, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Anyone know if its possible, and how to block specific individuals texts?

2. Rednek

Rednek "The Widow's Son"

Are you referring to text messages on cell phones?

3. I went to Verizon and had all send and receive texts blocked on my cell phone. No charge.

God of course

4. jennis9

jennis9 Fish against the fish...

with verizon you can also manage that preference online. i had some spammers sending sales calls to my cell and wanted to make sure my friends could still text when we wanted to.

5. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

This is a case of someone wanting their ex to not be able to send them cell phone texts. :C

6. I was getting junk text messages. I called Alltel and they blocked the number.

7. fisherman5567

fisherman5567 Fishin Everyday

With one of me ex's i just sent a very professional sounding reply: "Were sorry, but the Verizon customer you are trying to reach is no longer accepting text messages from this number. Thank you for using Verizon...etc.

just make it look like a text from your company. everytime she texts just send that...it will work quickly!

8. Rednek

Rednek "The Widow's Son"

Here's the instructions for blocking text messages from each provider.

AT&T: Log in at mymessages.wireless.att.com. Under Preferences, you’ll see the text-blocking and alias options. Here’s also where you can block messages from specific e-mail addresses or Web sites.

Verizon Wireless: Log in at vtext.com. Under Text Messaging, click Preferences. Click Text Blocking. You’re offered choices to block text messages from e-mail or from the Web. Here again, you can block specific addresses or Web sites. (Here’s where you set up your aliases, too.)

Sprint: No auto-blocking is available at all, but you can block specific phone numbers and addresses. To get started, log in at www.sprint.com. On the top navigation bar, click My Online Tools. Under Communication Tools, click Text Messaging. On the Compose a Text Message page, under Text Messaging Options, click Settings & Preferences. In the text box, you can enter a phone number, email address or domain (such as Comcast.net) that you want to block.

T-Mobile: T-Mobile doesn’t yet offer a “block text messages from the Internet” option. You can block all messages sent by e-mail, though, or permit only messages sent to your phone’s e-mail address or alias, or create filters that block text messages containing certain phrases. It’s all waiting when you log into www.t-mobile.com and click Communication Tools.

9. Thanks for the great info Redneck. You helped me out too.

As for the x, you could always put a pair of tight fitting leather gloves on and.....

10. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Thanks Rednek, I'll pass it on. !%