Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this out, available this November, ohh yeah I smell a Xmas gift for me.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/icast09.html?ccode=ICASTMINN01

Minn Kota will release an optional upgrade for the Terrova and V2 series of bowmount trolling motors. The end user is supposed to be able to install the upgrade themselves. The upper half of the head unit is replaced with a new shell that includes a integrated GPS unit.

iPilot, per the video, has all the current features of the Autopilot along with those of the remote copilot features. The control unit is waterproof and floats. Additionally, it can store up to 3 two mile long tracks. You press the record button, manually steer your route. When done recording you can have it will follow the tracks either forward or backwards. It can act as an "electronic anchor." After you push a button it will keep you within 5 ft of that location. The cruise control option will keep you moving at a preset speed regardless of the wind or currents, etc. (referenced to ground speed as I recall.)

This will kick major ass for when working a line that was very productive, save the trail, hit the record button, let the Terrova go right back through it. Your Dead walleye!!!! Now you have zero chance.

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
Thanks Kevin.I will have this on my boat.Hopefully I can pay for it with earnings from the fall Fishcrazy Derby.;)

·
Registered
582 Posts
Looks like a great option. But i am a bit skeptical about the speed control for surging in bigger waves. I bet in flat water i bet its the cats pajamas!

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like a great option. But i am a bit skeptical about the speed control for surging in bigger waves. I bet in flat water i bet its the cats pajamas!
You are always skeptical Jared :D The Terrova is one impressive unit to say the least I hope this bad boy is no different.

·
Dr Data
732 Posts
It can act as an "electronic anchor." After you push a button it will keep you within 5 ft of that location.
You might have to learn how to jig ....lol that would be killer in the spring or picking fish from the rocks

gonna need a bigger boat to carry all of those batteries

·
Scourge of Hoover
1,869 Posts
Very cool. Would look great on my V2....:D

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah someone on Walleye Central just saw MSRP of $399.

Brian you only need to jig if you can't catch them trolling;) which I normally have no problem doing.....most of the time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts