close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tent Camping

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by B-lou, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Does anyone know of a nice campground that allows tent camping in the Vermilion Lorain area?....Taking the wife up in a couple weeks and we usually stay at east harbor but it is a 40 mile drive to vermilion if you want to fish around the bar someplace closer would be really nice....Thanks B-lou

2. I know this is not close to Lorain, but Kellys Island State Park is a GREAT campground. Right on the water, excellent fishing, excellent swinning. Beautiful place & quiet.

Jim

3. Thanks for the reply Jim.....your right Kellys state park is very nice we just want somthing closer to the vermilion lorain area as fishing is going to be our main activity and staying for 4 days at 80 miles roundtrip is going to get pretty expensive......Thanks B-lou

4. Huron River Valley Resort is all I know of. It's about 15 minutes to Cranberry Creek; maybe 25 form Vermillion river launch. It's on the Huron and you can run to the lake, but it takes about 45 minutes to get to the lake, so much quicker to drive to a launch. I only stayed there once - bathrooms and showers were clean; no prblems with theft and good lighting; no fish cleaning station. We only spent a few hours there anyway before heading to sleep; other than that we were out on the lake.

419-433-4118

http://hrvrcamping.com/index.html

5. We stayed at the Huron river valley resort once and the wife would prefer to find someplace else ....Has anyone stayed at Findly state park as it is only about 20 miles from vermilion?........B-lou

6. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

camp wahoo on rt 83 i believe north of I-90

7. Here is a camping place for tents and campers. It's off Rt 303. I think East of Rt 58

Schaun Acres Campground
    51390 St. Rt. 303
    Oberlin, OH 44074
    Local Phone: 440-775-7122
    Email: schaunacres@yahoo.com

8. I was at Findley I think 2 years ago - it was just like most other State Parks in Ohio, nice but slightly overpriced.

9. Thanks for all the replies..........B-lou

10. B-lou, East Harbor. Just 45mins West of Vermilion.