Tell me its not true: Presque Isle

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by Perchy101, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Perchy101

Perchy101 Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

I heard PI blew open last week.... THe bay is pretty much all open water now.... Ice is probably off for the year?

2. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Yeah, i heard the same thing yesterday. Misery bay and horseshoe pond are still holding good ice tho. Check out the fisherie site for up to date input.

3. Perchy101

Thats a shame... Was planning on my 1st trip to PI in 2 weeks... Looks like i'll be calling to cancel now....

:(

4. Went out today just to look. I have had the flu and just getting over it. Misery bay had some people on it and Horseshoe had none. Here's a pic of both, This weeks weather will really screw things up but maybe we will have a good week after that and it will be good. Now that I am feeling better I will do some more checking for you and keep you updated.
    Horseshoe
    [​IMG]
    Misery Bay
    [​IMG]
    There was a lot of open water, too much for me to even think about going out today. I'm not a die hard though;)

5. Perchy101

Let me ask you this...

Where do people normally fish? I've seen people in the past talking about lot 1or lot 2.

I'm guessing thats in the main bay... By the looks of things there were ALOT of people out there today.

6. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

those are some big az shanties in that first pic! nice! :D

seriously what are those?

7. Hardwater, those are houseboats at Horseshoe pond. I heard that there is a waiting list to be able to put one there.

8. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

9. Perchy101

So how we lookin now?

Probably going to call off the trip and hope to get up there next year.

10. Perchy101

So, if anyone could help out with how the bay is looking this weekend it would be helpful....

I still have the time off, and the hotel is still booked... Holding out... Hoping... Wishing...

11. I cancelled my reservations last night. Looks like another year of icing is over.

12. The bay is open, unless you want to try Steelies on the streams I would wait. With the colder temps maybe next weekend will be good????