close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Telescoping Rods

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Trout, Jul 8, 2005.

1. I've been looking at telescoping rods. I would appreciate any opinions about them. Pros, cons, etc.
    Also, does the rod have to be used at full length or is it adjustable for tight spaces?

2. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

I have four walleye trolling rods from BPS. They telescope at one place. They definitely have to be expanded to full length to use.
    I like them, and have used them to pull #30 jets behind inline boards(Offshore) with spoons or harnesses. They are a graphite rod with sensitivity for letting you know what is going on.

- Rumi

3. soua0363

soua0363 Master of Nothing

I have owned a few of them. They dont have the backbone like a normal fishing rod but they do work pretty good especially when you're carrying alot of stuff to a fishing hole by yourself.

You do have to extend the rod out fully to use it.

I havent been able to find a telescoping rod that is a good quality one but its probably because I dont go looking for them. The only ones I see are at Walmart in a tackle box with some jigs and lures.

4. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

My 7'10" flipping stick telescopes from the handle. It is great, otherwise it wouldn't fit in my rodbox. It still has plenty of backbone and sensitivity.

5. Thanks for the input guys. I drive a ford ranger reg cab and the tele rod would be nice behind the seat. I looked at Cabelas and their 6'6" rod is too light for cats. The next size up was a 10' big water rod but I dont need a 10' pole. I wish I could just take out a couple sections but I dont think thats possible.

6. Slikster

Slikster Shore Bound

I've always used 2 piece rods. There's always 7ft 2 piece spinning rig in the back of my vehicle in case I run across new water and want to try it out.