close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ted Williams motor?

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by twistertail, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Well I got this motor from my grandapa and just wondering if anyone knows much about them? I think its a 77? Has not been ran for years and was only used a few times since he bought it brand new.

2. I have heard of them and I think there are a lot of them still out there running. I am not sure if that is all you wanted to hear or if you are looking for more?

3. EDD

EDD BASS BUM

they were sold by sears .cheap comparted to other motors at the time

4. Just wondering if anyone has one or has used one and in general what they are like. Didnt know if they were known for being bad motors or good ones or anything. I guess its like most things just depends on how it was taken care of. Thanks for any info. I need to clean it up and see if it will run.

5. They may not be as good as some motors put out in their time but the fact that there are still plenty of them being used seems like a good thing. I suspect it will serve you pretty well if, like you said, it is well cared for.

6. I hope so! Can beat the price, FREE!

7. catking

catking Banned

I know of a few guys who still use theirs. Yes , at the time they were somewhat the cheap motors. But I know these guys and they beat the crap out of theirs, and always have. They still keep on runnin......... look at the voltswagons ;) very chaep at the time, but ran forever....... give it a whirl and please give us a FULL report......... :) ... THE CATKING !!!

8. I took the cover off yesterday and took a look at everything and it looks pretty good. The gear shifter moves fine and the choke and all that stuff seems to be working fine. I'm going to clean it up good this week. It was in my grandpas garage and he does a lot of wood working so I need to clean all the saw dust off of it before I try starting it.