close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Technical type alarm question:

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by BottomBouncer, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Are the thread/pitch size on all alarms the same? If so, can one of you guys tell me what size/pitch the threads are......or bring them fishing some time so I can check them to my thread gauge?

I want to retrofit alarms to my rod holders and need to know what thread size I need to tap.

Thanks........

2. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

BB, cant think off the top of my head the excact thread / bolt size...but they are Brittish threads. BUT you can remove the bolt and put in the american size you want. I know a few that have done this to attact them to thier own rod holders.
    I think there is only one alarm out on ebay that has the american bolt/thread pattern...i know they talked about it on the CAG forum.
    You might want to post your question there.

Scott

3. If it's not american, then it would have to be metric........right? If so, it wouldn't be hard to find a matching tap.

4. Not quite. The British have their own standard threads I think.

5. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Magis is correct the Britts have thier own metric thread..its called Brittish Fine..something or another.
    Everything american is standard(supposed to be that is) and everything else is basically metric.

I know of only ONE alarm that comes with standard threads. We'll hook up and i'll let ya take one of my alarms home and see if you can match it up......or if you see one of the normal carp anglers like AK at COSI , check his out.

Scott

6. Damn....why can't we just have ONE thread type? Everything has to be so complicated.

I'll keep my gauge in the car and who ever I see first I'll check for a match.

Thanks for the info........