close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

TecH2O rainwear

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Fish2day, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Fish2day

Fish2day member

This looks like a good deal at Gander Mountain : Buy the jacket for $99, get the pants for free.

While I am posting this I gotta ask if anyone has used this brand and are they really good?

2. Best I have ever owned. I paid almost double that and would again.

3. Excellent rainsuit. Quality construction as well as practical design.

4. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

I bought a set last spring. I got the parka and bibs. Great set of raingear. You can't go wrong at the price. I think when I bought them the parka was $139, and the bibs $99.

5. Got mine for X-mas almost 3 years ago. About half the price of Guidewear and still going strong. The only issue I had is the stitching came apart at the back of the suspenders where they cross. The wife doesn't sew, so I stiched it up the best I could with 50# Powerpro. Good as new!

6. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

Bob4246 - same thing happened to me, loose stitching in the suspenders where they cross. I used fireline - problem solved. That was 3 or 4 yrs ago.
    Brian

7. I have the Tech2o bibs/parka-got an awesome deal I couldn't pass up a couple years ago so I bought them. I also have Cabelas Guidewear. The Guidewear is better because the nylon shell fabric on the Tech2o wets out more easily than the GW, but not enough to justify the $ difference. You can treat the nylon shell with water repellents to help it. For the price the Tech2o stuff is pretty sweet.

Tim

8. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I own 2 sets, and I don't think you can find a better suit for the money.

9. Fish2day

Fish2day member

I sure appreciate all the positive feedback. Thank you all.
    So you influenced me so much that I made another trip up to Twinsburg to get a set. No XL size pants and NO RAINCHECK! I think that is a bit of poor marketing, personally. They did call Canton and there is a set on hold for me there, so I'll be fixed up tomorrow. LET IT RAIN!

10. They are clearing out inventory at this time plus there is a sale where you purchase the jacket for $99 and you get the pants FREE. Not poor marketing, simply good business practice in reducing summer carryover and also giving the customer a terrific deal.

11. I pick up a set of camo ones today they look great!! in XL

12. I have two sets. one jacket I can't bring myself to fish in. I still wear it for dress!

13. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Eye Slayer

I have a set been wearing it for 4 years now. For the money you can't find another set of rain gear that will serve you well. I did however go out one day fishing for 6 hours start to finish it was raining hard, by the end of the day I was soaked, for the occational downpoor or shower it's awesome gear. Or maybe mine is just getting a little wore out. who knows but I'll buy another set. Guidewear is on sale right now by the way good deals 30-50 off each piece.

14. Fish2day

Fish2day member

Picked up a set last night and took it fishing today. Spent the day on Erie and it was completely comfortable. It kept me dry even sitting on a wet seat. I'm very pleased with this investment.
    Thanks again for all the input OGF'ers.:D

15. I looked at some for me today... They had 3XL's but they were a little short. 2XLT's too, but too snug in the shoulders...
    I did buy Nick a set for his birthday. Now he has a good rainsuit.

16. silver shad

silver shad The Walleye Troll

Carl what size did you get for your son and which store.My sun is 12 and he needs a set.:)

17. Got him youth XL set so he can wear them over other clothes and grow into them.

18. silver shad

silver shad The Walleye Troll

19. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Drove to gander Mt today to pick up a backup set. I was told that the sale ended yesterday.