close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Team Lange's New Smokercraft hauler

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Doctor, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Well here it is folks:

[​IMG]

Not really, took this picture down at Tanners creek over Labor day weekend, never have seen anything like this so thought it was real neat, big trailer on the back of that semi rig.

Now here is our's

[​IMG]

Ford F150 Crew Cab with the Triton 5.4 engine, boy talk about a trailer hauler, well pleased with it as we don't even feel the boat is back there.

So Lynn and I traveled to Tanners creek on Sunday morning to do some fishing, boy was that a mistake, Big, Big Mistake!!!!

When we got there about 10am the lot had a few boats in it, got out on the river holy molly boats everywhere and people were driving like maniacs, we tried a couple different places, one being the big creek on the Kentucky side, we are anchored down lines out into the water when we hear that ring dingy sound that only a pwc makes, look to Lynns side and like four of them roll right along the side of the boat and cut right back behind our lines, I look at Lynn and "Say are we in cloak mode here on the boat, they act like they don't even see us", so here they are right behind the boat tooling around, well I'm getting really torked off as there gunning the engines and just rolling around in circles behind us talking like were not even there.

[​IMG]

Then they just musta got bored and finally drove off, well the sun was pretty hot, so we pulled anchor and headed up to the 275 bridge and anchored down under the shade, whew lot cooler but then we must have asign on the side of the boat saying, "hey come over here and buzz by us were just out fishing" and I swear every boat on that river had to come our way and check us out full bore hammer down couple of them I could have thrown a paper towel on board the boat they were that close, well by this time I'm getting very nervous and a little scared, been fishing the river for a bunch of years and this was the first time I really thought we were going to get wiped out, so we decide to go back to Tanners creek, as we enter the mouth there are better than 8 boats coming up the creek to the mouth of the Ohio two boats coming at us side by side no place for me to go but the rocks on the right side so decided I need to split them so at the last minute they spread and allow me to go between them then I see this lady coming directly at me in a PWC wide open and just hauling flew by me and went between several other boats all at wide open throttle, well by now I'm real nervous and then still I have to be witness to one of the most stupid things I have ever seen in my life, we are halfway into the creek almost to the bridge when I see a Mastercraft boat blow past the bridge full bore coming towards me if that isn't bad enough there is a kid on a trick board behind it going bank to bank doing somersaults and yes you guessed it does one right in front us, and gives me the thumbs up sign as they go by the boat, I look back and we see him jump a wake and trash out right in front of another boat, Man what an idiot, so we approach the dock there are so many people we can't even get in so we head back into Tanners and beach the boat to do some fishing, caught two channels when we hear a boat coming full bore down the creek, two guys in a real small boat maybe 14 foot just flying low looked like a small hydo, cuts the motor right in front of us, idles by and then hammers it down.

I look at Lynn and say lets go get some lunch and come back later, we put the boat on the trailer and are hooking it down when we hear a crash, I look up over the boat and this guy has run into somebody's trailer, knock two full size boards off it on one side, jumps out and throws the bunks on the trailer and drives away I walk over and notice there is no way somebody is going to load a boat, I turn around and look at Lynn and she says what I'm thinking "

Tim, Lets go Home" " My thought's exactly, we are outta here"

The holidays really bring out the stuck on stupid part of people!!

Doc and Lynn

2. It sounds like you have some kind of moron magnets attached to your boat.

3. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

Hey Doc, Paintball gun! Raider(.)(.)

4. skipjack11

skipjack11 retread member

I thought you were old enough to know better. :eek: Labor Day and Memorial Day weekends are best spent close to home. Fire up the grill,sit on the porch,or get some chores done so you have time to fish when it's less hectic. I'm glad to se you at least survived unscathed. :)

5. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

Tim, I went out Saturday morning and we experienced about the same. As you know, I have trouble keeping my mouth shut when people act like morons. I had words with 2 or 3 different guys that were fishing a bass tourny, and also had words with some other cat guys that decided to fish right behind us. They were so close behind us I couldn't cast as far back as I usually like to. So I basically told him to move or I would toss a nice sized sinker that way. He was literally anchored over where we had our lines. So that should give you a pretty good idea how close he was to use when he dropped his anchor.........LOL
    Anyways, he had the comment about it not being my river and that he could fish where he liked. So I figured I would do what I never do and decided to pull anchor and move..........but on the way out I made sure to go full throttle by him. I'd say I left a good distance between us.............maybe 6 feet.........LOL
    It was a ridiculous day full of a-holes, but we did catch lots of fish in a short time. I'd say 12-14 fish in about 5 hours of fishing, actually less time if you take away the time in between spots. By the way, nice truck. If you and Lynn plan to hit the fall bite hard we should be seeing alot of each other on the river soon. Take care

6. Doc, thought about hittin the river Saturday evening, NOT!!!! ;) Tanner's is a zoo on this weekend every year. Alot of people launch there and head up river to the fireworks. It seems to be a ahole magnet anymore. But soon the weather will cool off and the weekend warriors will put their toys away, and the fish will turn on again. Life is good.
    Hey Lynn, nice truck :D

Sliprig

7. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

Nuts that is. I knew that on the day of the fireworks the river was NO place to be, for certain. Even if the fish were jumping in the boat! LOL

The place had to be an absolute zoo from Ripley to Warsaw. There just aren't enough ramps around to handle a thousand boats in one evening. Plus, it is the " last weekend of the season" and it was hot. All the right ingredients to a fun, fun weekend on the river. Wooooo Hooooo.

Too bad about the fishing, but you sure picked a nice tow vehicle. Did the black beast get you thinking about that SuperCrew? Now you know why I love my truck- it rides like a Lincoln and tows like a Ford- nothing like 70 mph down the road like it's nothing! The only drawback is fuel mileage- I'll see 13-14 mpg hauling the ProLine. But I don't have 4WD either- they are even worse.

Hopefully we can all hook-up for another Fall Cat Rally again this year like we have done in the past. Pick a nice weekend in October or the like and get a bunch of us river guys together down at Tanners. That was a blast last year and I would love to do it again.

See ya' all out on the Big O!

UFM82

8. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Darn, if I had known all that, I would've skipped church & joined in all the fun....... :eek: ;)
    Oh yeah...nice truck !!!

9. Nice Truck Doc,like others have said-Can't believe you hit the river this weekend!Glad you caught some fish Fishguy.A fall river outing would be nice.Daryl

10. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

Thanks truck. Most were caught on skips :)

11. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Very nice truck doc, congrats!

12. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

Nice truck!! Hope to see it pull into the parking lot soon.