Team Fortress 2

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by Fishman, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Anyone have this gem? I personally don't think its as good as Team Fortress Classic, but it's still addictive as all get out.

2. I play it. I love it. I just don't get much time to play it.

There is a great gaming community at www.arsclan.net and they run two TF2 servers. They are well admin'd. Arsclanis a great community, with a lot of users being Southern Ohio/Northern Kentucky, there are get-togethrs at least 2x per year. You should check it out. Here is the TF2 forum.

The two Arsclan servers are:

Arsclan-the zoo (Chicago based)
    Arsclan-the farm (Dallas based)

Here's one of my favorite screenies.

[​IMG]

3. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Did Ars play TFC, or was that ARES - clan name sounds awfully familar.

4. Ars people may have played organized TFC, but it's generally not a hardcore gaming site. A lot of members are mid 20s and up in age. This is good because it generally means less asshattery on their forums and on their servers.

5. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

I checked out one of the servers, was asked to leave cause my name was offensive :D

6. We're pretty tolerant of anything so long as it's not racist or bigoted so I'm almost afraid to ask what your handle is...

7. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

IhitHerBecauseIloveHer

Obviously not racist and really not bigoted. Irony of it was a fella named Redneck was the one who found fault with it. I play at a lot of servers and have never had anyone comment about it.

Obviously the names a joke, even my girlfriend got a kick out of it! Oh well, lots of servers out there :)

8. anyone know if this game will run with onboard graphics. I have a new gateway but no graphics card, and have nothing to do all day now that im layed off. This game always looked fun, but worried it wont work on my system.

9. It really depends on what the graphics chip on your machine is capable of. If it's an nV 6100 series chipset, it will probably run (although not very well).

From here:

Minimum: 1.7 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, DirectX? 8 level Graphics Card, Windows® Vista/XP/2000, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

Recommended: Pentium 4 processor (3.0GHz, or better), 1GB RAM, DirectX® 9 level Graphics Card, Windows® Vista/XP/2000, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

10. this is the budget machine Im running. with 1 gig ram

http://37prime.wordpress.com/2007/03/29/vista-pc-reviewed-gateway-gt5404-desktop/

11. You are in luck. That rig has a PCIe x 16 slot. Now the only question is, how much do you want to spend?

8800GT Best Bang for Buck -$239

ATi 2600 will do nicely -$125

You should think about adding more RAM to that machine as well. RAM is dirt cheap right now. You've only got 2 slots for RAM, so I'd go for 2 1GB sticks.

Corsair RAM - $54

12. I will keep those options in mind. But with being layed off and mx racing season around the corner and my bike not being done. I really dont have the cash like that to spend. Maybe if I could find a used card around 50 I could do it, but other then that it would be a no go.

13. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Check ebay or craigslist, never know what kinda steal you'll find on criagslist.