Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Taylorsville Dam

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Doctor, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Went down to see what the construction looked like just before going to work, road is in guardrails are up, you can even get to the river now, so went down to take a look, they are working on top of the dam area air hammering bad concrete, the center wall is out of the water by about 5 foot, water is crystal clear, saw something in the water and where the wall breaks and does a 45 degree turn to go into the river is a wall about 8 foot wide and goes the width of the river, never even knew that was there, but what I saw was a Flathead swimming across the top of the wall, then I see a whole school of Channels on the down river side of the wall working on some shad, right now the wall looks to be 5 feet below the surface of the water.

Has anybody tried to fish this part, I may have to give it a try, would have to do it while the water is down, because you would have to throw back to the wall from the end of the dam area, with current it would be tough to keep it in place, I know this area is thick with turtles but never saw any of them.............Doc