Ohio Game Fishing banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Many of you are missing the point here.....and I only understand this b/c I went through Hell to get Springsteen tickets through Ticketmaster several months ago (love his music, hate his politics). In the past, I've had no problem getting these same tickets, going back to 1999.

Problem Number One: Ticket Master is a monopoly and needs to be broken up yesterday, before breakfast....and the people in charge placed in jail for Fraud. (This is nothing really new.)

Problem Number Two: (This is the real problem here.) Ticketmaster is now trying to implement something known as Dynamic Pricing....and that's what happened with the Swift Tickets. Only the system crashed. By their own words, Ticketmaster will intentionally and deliberately increase what they charge for tickets to a given concert based on demand when the tickets become available. They intentionally sell small blocks of tickets at first at sky high prices to see at which point people will still buy the tickets.....and then sell all remaining tickets at this sky-high price.

Put another way, Ticket Bastard is intentionally selling tickets at amounts MASSIVELY above the stated, face value of their own tickets. It is legalized scalping....controlled by the monopoly that is the only issuer of the tickets. It's a complete scam.

Each individual Taylor Swift fan was not crying b/c she could not get a ticket. They were crying b/c NOBODY could get a ticket.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Many of you are missing the point here.....and I only understand this b/c I went through Hell to get Springsteen tickets through Ticketmaster several months ago (love his music, hate his politics). In the past, I've had no problem getting these same tickets, going back to 1999.

Problem Number One: Ticket Master is a monopoly and needs to be broken up yesterday, before breakfast....and the people in charge placed in jail for Fraud. (This is nothing really new.)

Problem Number Two: (This is the real problem here.) Ticketmaster is now trying to implement something known as Dynamic Pricing....and that's what happened with the Swift Tickets. Only the system crashed. By their own words, Ticketmaster will intentionally and deliberately increase what they charge for tickets to a given concert based on demand when the tickets become available. They intentionally sell small blocks of tickets at first at sky high prices to see at which point people will still buy the tickets.....and then sell all remaining tickets at this sky-high price.

Put another way, Ticket Bastard is intentionally selling tickets at amounts MASSIVELY above the stated, face value of their own tickets. It is legalized scalping....controlled by the monopoly that is the only issuer of the tickets. It's a complete scam.

Each individual Taylor Swift fan was not crying b/c she could not get a ticket. They were crying b/c NOBODY could get a ticket.
Point well taken berkshire! Crap, that means we all just went off like Swifties! 🤣😂🤣

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
aww your not old LMAO
I've seen Rich and yes he is....lol
LOL. I'm so old that I bought tickets to a Lawrence Welk concert before there was a Ticket Master. Speaking of old grumps, in all of my years fishing, I've only met or run across two and one ended up apologizing. People who fish are a better class of humanoids who deal with life in a more real context.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I've seen pictures of guys my age {65} literally weeping because the Buckeyes lost a football game. There is nothing in this world other than the death of a child or grandchild that could ever elicit that type of response from me. Certainly not a sports team or musical act.
Your priorities are good.

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
10,748 Posts
Back in the day when I was going to a lot of concerts at least the tickets were relatively cheap. Of course for some high demand shows you might have to camp outside the ticket window, to be there first thing in the morning when the tickets went on sale. This was before the internet and some part of it even before Ticketmaster existed.

·
Registered
827 Posts
One more thing about Taylor. I'm 71 and like quite a few of her songs. And give her credit. Whether you like any of her stuff, she writes or co-writes almost all of her songs. At a dock diving competition a couple of years ago you could choose a song they would play while your dog was jumping. I chose "Shake it Off" by Taylor. That's the first thing the dogs do when they get out of the pool. Lots of people got a big kick out of it.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Some good posts here. I just remember when I needed tickets I would drive my '71 Monte Carlo up to the now gone Richfield Coliseum. Get there a few/several hours before tix went on sale. Wait in line with my fellow stoners. Always left with floor seats. Bruce, Rush, Purple, Stones, etc... Ah, the good 'ol days. ;)

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I’m with Mickey, I think she has more talent than most of these new pop singers that basically sing anything that the record company flops in front of them. I always get picked on because I think her songs are catchy. I don’t like much pop music today but I usually don’t complain about Taylor’s music.
I really don't know much about her music and wouldn't recognize any of her songs without mention from a DJ but to be honest, I think I would rather listen to her music than hip-hop with its computer generated music. I guess in the long run that I'll just grow dusty listening to Classic Rock and Bluegrass, the Original Geezer Pleasers.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts