Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand, though I did not see, a national news outlet ran a segment on Taylor Swift fans literally crying because they could not get tickets. Seriously? I understand being disappointed, maybe even mad, but to become weepy is something I can't understand. There are real tragedies in this world, huge disappointments that affect lives, but this isn't one of them. I know that I'm getting old but it sure seems that some of our countrymen are really getting soft.

Now if this happened with Neil Young tickets, I could understand an emotional train wreck. LOL

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Who else remembers all the girls screaming and crying at the Beatles concerts? And these got tickets.
After my original post, I thought about watching what you described. Maybe I am just an old grump. LOL For sure, I would never weep in front of cameras. Not to say that I haven't shed a tear a time or two but it was when my daughter was born and my parents passed or other such instances. But you are so right, Mickey, tears flowed on national tv back in the mid-60s. Great point.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I understand, though I did not see, a national news outlet ran a segment on Taylor Swift fans literally crying because they could not get tickets. Seriously? I understand being disappointed, maybe even mad, but to become weepy is something I can't understand. There are real tragedies in this world, huge disappointments that affect lives, but this isn't one of them. I know that I'm getting old but it sure seems that some of our countrymen are really getting soft.

Now if this happened with Neil Young tickets, I could understand an emotional train wreck. LOL
What about the tictok person who was upset that while trying to order Swift tickets, she was fired and the company shut off her computer and she lost her place in line..:mad:. How sad, NOT.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Swifties !?! What in the heck is this world coming to ??? I realize that she hasn't been on tour for 4 years & the whole ticket purchasing issue/monopoly is a racket but seriously...we have many more significant issues to be concerned with these days. Life's full of small disappointments...Mike
I guess we parallel, Mike. I guess my sense of priorities differ from many. I guess I should stick to fishing, hunting, music and knee surgery discussions. LOL

I think, even at my age, that I could go off-grid and not miss a thing. Too much drama, arguing and opinions for me anymore. After being involved in so much for so long I now just shake my head and go the other way. It's just not worth my time.

I do hope that these overly sensitive Swifties find some way to give Swift some of their money. LOL

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What about the tictok person who was upset that while trying to order Swift tickets, she was fired and the company shut off her computer and she lost her place in line..:mad:. How sad, NOT.
Possibly Scriptural but I really don't feel like I belong in this world sometimes. Possibly I was taught to deal with disappointment and blessings without drama. I am not stoic by any stretch but I'm not going to fall to pieces or lose my job when life doesn't go the way that I want. Once again, maybe I'm just an old curmudgeon. LOL

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Does Elvis ring a bell? I think the problem here is we have a monopopoly. Ticketmaster should never have been allowed to buy rival Live Nation.
BTW -- I wouldn't walk across the street to see Neil Young in concert.
amen

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Possibly Scriptural but I really don't feel like I belong in this world sometimes. Possibly I was taught to deal with disappointment and blessings without drama. I am not stoic by any stretch but I'm not going to fall to pieces or lose my job when life doesn't go the way that I want. Once again, maybe I'm just an old curmudgeon. LOL
aww your not old LMAO

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Just like any other issue these days… The media is what is making it a big deal. Taylor is just a big star for a certain age range… And social media can make it a really big deal… Just like Justin peeper was a while back. I know one thing, It didn't really seem to affect deer movement this morning… came very close to getting a chance at a buck I've been chasing! Have a great Thanksgiving everybody and good luck in gun season!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts