close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Taxidermy

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fireman2028, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good taxidermist in the area.

2. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

Tom at Pineywood.....which is located at the back end of Mogadore Res. does fantastik work.....Last I checked.......animals only......no fish......but give them a call and check.......if this is in the area your looking for........Jon Sr.

3. I am located right outside of Ravenna.

4. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Pineywood no longer does fish from what I am told....they do one heck of a job on the other game species for sure.

flash---------------------------out

5. NRA Guy

NRA Guy Refuse to be a Victim

try commodore 64's dad. saw some of his work and it was awesome.

6. Kdog

Kdog 1850 Reata

Rick webber in columbiana,,,

7. ...fireman2028 ...what in particular do you want mounted at this time...
    Our area has a few...
    Bill's Taxidermy
    5579 Unger Rd. Atwater
    330-947-2437
    Edsall's Taxidermy Shop
    6710 Red Brush Road--Ravenna
    330-296-6931
    Pinnywood Taxidermy
    2545 Palm Road. Mogadore
    330-628-9467
    Skip's Taxidermy
    3730 Winchell Road...Mantua
    330-562-9801
    Have used Edsalls and Pinnywood both do great work...Pinneywood does not do fish anymore...
    Skips is doing three fish for me right now see how they turn out....
    :F GOOD FISHING GUYS:F

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  8. Rick webber in columbiana makes some of the nicest skin mounts I have seen. Brucker taxidermy by west branch did a good job, but I dont know if he is still in business. I would say that your choice should somwhat be based on species.

9. I am looking at getting a 31 inch channel cat mounted.Thanks for the advice as well guys on places where I can get it done an all.

10. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

rick weber is the best in Ohio hands down. You can't match his work

11. I used to do a little fish taxidermy and mounting catfish is a challenge because of all the shrinkage in the head. Do not be surprised if they recomend a fiberglass reproduction on the cat.

12. If you are wanting to mount a cat you will need to go with a graphite or fiberglass repoduction to get anything decent. google ron lax taxidermay adn see whta they have to offer.

13. Hey thanks guys I'll have to look him up and see what he says.