close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

taxidermy classes

Discussion in 'Ohio Bait, Tackle, Taxidermy, etc. Marketplace' started by pwbmlr, Oct 2, 2004.

1. Hi,
    I want to learn how to mount fish only. I am not interested in deer,bear, ect just fish. I have searched the internet for schools but there arent any around the cleveland area. Are there any taxidermist out there that would be willing to teach me how to mount fish. If there is anyone interested please email me at pwbmlr@aol.com. please include your fee for this and a phone number that I can call you back at.

Thanks,

Paul

2. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

try arts taxidermy . it is located on west 48 th st. south of clark ave.in cleveland. he used to teach a few years ago ,prolly still does.most of them don't mind teaching just for the free help. i think alot of fish these days are replica's or possibly made from a mold and painting them is the hard part either way you go .

3. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

freyedknot is correct when saying the painting is the tough part. It is an art form of sorts I guess. Most of the mounts today are still what they call "skin mounts" of which are the fish you drop off to the taxidermist, that they skin out and use everything on the fish except the eyes. But every once in a while a reproduction mount is requested.

flash--------------------------------------out

4. Go to www.taxidermy.com. Go to the learning taxidermy section and get some videos. After that, it's lots of practice.