close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tax deal may destroy Akron Bass Pro Shop

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Agent47, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agent47

Agent47 Trying to pull it in!!!!

You know gang im not into politics AT ALL.. my opinion is like rear ends and the value is as good as my rears purpose...however for the sake of this forum I thought ide bring this article to your alls attention.

2. If you read this all the way through - here's what it says at the bottom:

"Since the top end of the tax deal is being handled by the County of Summit, it is possible that Bass Pro could decide to locate somewhere else in the county, without losing their tax breaks. This would leave the city with empty land and no anchor to fill it."

Bottom line - Bass Pro could STILL be coming to Summit county. So the title of this thread is sorta right/sorta wrong......AKRON could lose BPS, yes........but it still looks like BPS is coming.

This has no effect on me either way.............I'm just happy there'll be one close by!

3. Agent47

Yeah, after I read it I realized my bad, your right Skarf but edit wont let me change title .. But 1 good thing is I used the word "may" so maybe it can skim through....

4. I hope my post didn't come across too harsh, that was not my intention. I was simply tryin to say you were part right/part wrong........from the way you titled this and how you were thinking........and a postive is that BPS may still be coming to Summit Co.

no hard feelings, right??

5. Did you see the most important line on the page...a Cabela's in Wooster!

6. Agent47

NO NO NO,, No hard feelings at all... This is my bad all the way.. its misrepresentation in the forum and thats wrong so I have to accept responsability. Your right and I took NO offense..LOL.
    :p

7. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

As usual there are always 2 sides to every story. As far as Toledo is concerned, our boob of a mayor went overboard. He tried to push only one piece of land, taking his own desires ahead of BPS. He blew this in so many ways, but the biggest blunder according to "un-named sources" was the mayor's stance on past and recent gun-control legislation that came back to bite his arse.

The gun control issues are what drove BPS to Rossford and Wood county, not tax incentives. (Supposed to have an outdoor shooting range).

That said, I do agree with one thing... if BPS or Cabellas end up all over the place, it will dilute their uniqueness.

Oh, I was up at Cabellas-Dundee over the weekend. Hundreds of people, Car tags from all over the midwest. It was obvious that folks traveling through were making that a planned stop on their trip.

8. I hope they don’t build to many of these stores. The more stores they build the more stock growth they have so it looks good on paper, until the market catches up with them and they start posting losses.

You can’t have a mega store everywhere and expect them all to survive. I think an Akron store would have a hard time making it.

9. The link is to a political siite. The article isn't even a true article, it's political opinion and extremely skewed.

Based on TOS, I'm closing it and removing the link to the political website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.