Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rapala Snagger
452 Posts
I highly doubt it. Anyways I may be fishing there this weekend while I test out my new canoe. I need some advice. Is it too warm for Crappie? How's the largemouth fishing this year? What's the easiest thing to catch there?

·
panfish junkie
522 Posts
ive fished winton for more than 30 years...never caught or seen a sm come out of it..ever...as for the crappie they are as deep as they can get...theres a channel that runs past the campground right before you get to the dam. thats the deepest part of the lake..good luck and be sure to post

·
OSU outdoorsman
2,230 Posts
I highly doubt it. Anyways I may be fishing there this weekend while I test out my new canoe. I need some advice. Is it too warm for Crappie? How's the largemouth fishing this year? What's the easiest thing to catch there?
The easiest thing to catch are carp and bluegills. Just put some corn on a hook and let it set on the bottom close to a bank and you will catch some carp. For bluegills just put a wax worm under a small bobber or throw a small popeye jig tipped with a wax worm near some of the many laydowns.

I have fished WW extensively and I cannot recall a smallmouth being caught it is possible since a creek does feed into it.

Down towards the dam is the best location for about every species.

·
Rapala Snagger
452 Posts
Thanks for all the tips. I will post a report once I start catching fish. I just bought a canoe and Winton Woods is the closest body of water near my house so I plan on fishing it extensively in the future. I'm not muck of a lake fisherman but I want to give this an honest effort. I'm guessing that the only place I can put my canoe in is the harbor? Or is there another place closer to the dam? I live on the West Fork below Winton Woods and the only fish I ever catch are carp, longear sunfish, and creek chubs. I've never seen a bass anywhere near Mill Creek.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts