Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any ideas what the bass are doing at Tappen. I have not been there since spring. Any help would be great. Thanks, Chopper

·
#CatchFishorDieTrying
321 Posts
Report...............?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I fished the big bay and found nothing. There used to be nice weed beds in there. Went to the far end and tried a couple of banks with jigs and spinners. I got one on a spinner off of a log. Tried the pads and they were dead. Got one more off of a small weed (milfoil) patch. I heard others were really hitting the small weed patches if they could find any. I ended up with just the two fish. A couple of guys that I know use deep cranks did the best. Where, I don't know but I know they were cranks. 10 lbs won first and 3.5 was big bass. The weather was ok until about an hour to go. Then the wind picked up and a huge storm hit. We all got drown. Wasn't alot of 5 fish limits and a few 5 fish limits were small. I really don't know what to advise but I know I have to learn the lake and the deep crank bite.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I wont tell you where but i picked up two 17 inch bass one on wood with a beaver style bait and the other on a square bill shad color. other three I would have kept were over 15 inches. I beleive I had close to 8lbs for the day. caught over 20 fish. I had to slow down with the jigs and plastics. let them soak up water for close to 7 seconds and they would hit it hard and take off. the few i caught on the square bill would smash it too on a medium speed retrieve. broke off something big too. I havent caught anything this year close to 5lbs this year and was bumbed out when it broke off. good luck.
I fished this past monday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts