Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed to Tappan thursday evening for catfish. I've never fished Tappan for cats before. Does anyone have any suggestions. I have fished to around the island before for white bass and crappie. Would the dam be better? What about father up RT 250 where the lake gets shallower?
Thank you.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'd say head for the end of the lake where it gets shallower. I got skunked Saturday, but have done well this year near the white church on the hill. Also bridges aren't a bad idea either. 646 also is a good choice.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Good luck trot liners and juggers ruined that lake for trophy cats it's pretty sad when you can't even get to the back of a bay cause there's so many trot lines tappan got crossed off my list last year for trophy flats I'm sure their still some in there but the population has been destroyed used to get two or three a night in prime season your lucky for a single run

·
Registered
152 Posts
This is my first year fishing for flatheads so I dont have a ton of experience. But I have fished at tappan over a dozen times this year. I have only caught one so far (27#) but I caught it further down 250 in one of the shallow bays.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts