Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Saturday there will be a bow fishing tournament held at tappan tackle. Sign ups start at 7am with tournament starting at 7:30am. And these tournaments are every other Saturday until September.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they were doing $25 entry fee per person. $20 for tournament $2 for big fish $2 for most fish and $1 for year end pot. tournament is for total weight of your 5 biggest fish. it is open to any public waters. tappan tackle has a flyer with the complete rules also. hapefully i answered your questions. let me know if you have any other, thanks

I am also looking to start shooting at the ohio boys tournaments as well just getting the boat set up for night tournaments, never done it at night befor. still a little clueless on how i want the light

·
Registered
92 Posts
You should definitely shoot ohio boys tourneys. Its a good time. What kind of lights are you running? We started wth halos now we are using leds from Seelite. We dont have a deck to shoot off of either. In my opinion if you are using Leds I think a deck would be the way to go, but that also depends on your boat too. My boat is a sea nymph which sets pretty low to the water. You will get better use out of your lights (leds) if you get them up off the water.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the lights are what I'm trying to decide on. I wanted to go with LEDs but wasnt sure how well LEDs penetrated the water. And for the price difference I wanted to make sure that's what I want before I get them. What watt LEDs do you have? And how many lights? Do you just run them off batteries or a generator?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the tournament at tappan tackle baitshop is this sat aug 2nd. sign ups at 7pm with tournament starting at 7:30pm. weigh ins at 2:30am. $20 per person. with optional $5 big fish pot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.