close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

tappan saugeyes?

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by meatwagon, May 29, 2008.

1. I was wondering if there have been any saugeye reports?Any info.would be appeciated.

2. CTB86

CTB86 Trout Hunter

Hi, I do the creel surveys for the ODW at Tappen. From what I have seen thus far, Saugeyes are being caught in the shallows at Tappen. Sizes were ranging in the 18-24" range last weekend. Baits being fished just off the bottom should have some luck. Hope I was some help, sorry I couldnt give you any exact locations, that would make it too easy. haha

3. webothfish

webothfish Steubenville

Went Sunday AM for a few hours, floating and jigging minnows from 3' to 12', a lot of bluegills and some dink crappie, no saugeye in the usual places, if you find them, let us know.

4. jjpugh

jjpugh sparkeye

the best info i can tell you about tappen when it comes to saugeyes is to go to cripple creek bait shop and talk to jim. he put you were u need to be

5. uglykat23

uglykat23 duuuuhhhuuuuuhhhhh

i have had them hittin my live shad in the shallow back water, was fishing for cats but caught all saugeyes

6. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

Any size to those eyes? We got 1 the other day that went about 23" and just shy of 5#.