close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tappan last night!

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by rockbass, Aug 4, 2004.

1. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I fished Tappan last night with my dad. We tried a new spot. Well new to us anywho. No luck. Just bait stealers. I never liked this lake much, so I did not expect much! Oh yeah almost forgot, catfishing if you did not figure that out.

2. catking

catking Banned

I've heard it has it's share of channels. But I do know it is in the top three in the state for flathead cats. I've caught a few nice channel cats there. Better luck next time ;) .THE CATKING !!!

3. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I have caught some decent sized channel there, but I just don't care for the lake. I think it may be all the pleasure boats! :eek:

Hey Catking, what are the other 2 in the top 3??? Piedmont?? Clendening?? Salt Fork??

4. catking

catking Banned

Pm Sent to you, and I'll also add that many of the Muskingum Watershed Lakes are excellent places. There are some really great flathead lakes scattered throughout the state, that alot of guys are tight lipped on and with good reason. THE CATKING !!!

5. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Yes and it is a good thing they are tight lipped about it too! TOO many meat hunters out there. :mad:

6. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

tappan has some pretty good cat spots but unfortunately most of them are community holes and you got to wait in line to fish them. the few spots i know arent too heavily pressured but its a busy cat lake on the weekends and i think most people who fish it are eating them. :mad: i caught about 15 the other night but no big ones , the biggest was only 2 lbs 2 oz but a friend of mine had 4 over 4 lbs. he was using shrimp and i used liver.