close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tappan Lake

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by tcba1987, Feb 26, 2008.

1. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

fished tappan spillway for crappie for about 45 minutes yesterday, since there was very little open water on the lake . i didnt have any hits.

i tried under the bridge going into the first bay (because there was alittle open water there) i didnt have any hits there either. i used live minnows ............tried a bottom rig and a bobber rig and nothing was hitting !! :( it was nice to get out and wet a line but the fish just didnt cooperate !!

clendening was completely frozen (i drove by and checked it out) !!

2. uglykat23

uglykat23 duuuuhhhuuuuuhhhhh

i was at tappan yesterday too , it may just be me but i never knew there was bald eagles at tappan he was in a tree near one of the pull of spots on 250 and stupid me didnt have my camera im going back out when it warms a little more and try and get pics

3. I think there is a nesting pair across the lake from the marina.

4. uglykat23

so im not going crazy i did see a bald eagle..... finnaly something to rub in my wifes nose.... she said i was nuts that it was just a hawk.....

5. if i remember last spring there was 152 breeding pairs of eagles in ohio and thay all had 2 eggs except two pairs....and more the half the little ones servived

6. they used to nest across from the marina, but they moved up to clearfork road.:) :) :)

7. What I wouldn't give to see just one before I die.

8. TCLARK i am a mailman in wheeling.saw my 1st one in wheeling in december. over on washington ave.watched it go after a duck, miss it and go sit in a tree for about 15 minutes before it flew away. couple other people saw it after that, but not lately. pretty awesome to see one.wish i could have gotten pics.

9. uglykat23

tc you come up to cadiz and ill take you out to show em to ya

10. uglykat23, you have a PM. :)

11. uglykat23

sent you an e mail clark lemme know if you got it