close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tappan Lake help

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by catfisherman, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Hey guys, I have fished Tappan Lake twice in the last week and I havent even had a bite, is Tappan Lake fishing been that bad lately. I have tried nite crawlers, chubs, and goldfish, and still no bites. I have been fishing on shore near the dam. Is that not a good spot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Andy

2. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I would say stop in at cripple creek. Jim can help you out. He posted some pics of some cats a few guys caught there. :)

3. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

Tappan is doing very well for Catfish right now. The area you chose is just a very poor one. Although ACCESS to deep water is a plus, don't fish in water deeper than the existing thermocline. In any case, the Cats are shallow now. Target waters from 3 to 12 feet deep, preferably with structure like stumps, large rocks, etc. There are some 55 gallon drums sunk in the lake that hold Flatheads. "Y" Bay has been good, as have areas in North Bay, Laceyville, and Cramblett. Sounds like you are using the right baits.

4. Hey Corey where are these locations located. Im not that familiar with Tappan. Thanks in advance. Andy

5. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

i know the cats are going crazy at atwood if you are in the right locations the dellroy side of the lake has been doing good for me.

6. Corey

If you come to Tappan stop in and I'll give you a map and mark some general areas for you. I won't give away the exact spots where other anglers are catching fish. If it is a spot that I found myself I will gladly share it with you.

7. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Jim,

when you say "Y" bay, do you mean the one across from the marina where the boat ramp is? I have wanted to launch the boat there and toward the back of the bay to try cattin. I don't have lights on the boat for night time yet though! Thanks for the info!

8. Corey

No, "Y" Bay is the one shaped like a "Y". lol. It's directly across from the main ramp. The Bay you are talking about is Beaverdam, called North Bay by the locals. There are foundations in the back and the old Tappan Baptist Church foundation on the West side that can hold nice fish. Good choice! Good luck!

9. i fished tappan for cats this morning and caught 5 channel cats and had bites pretty much non stop. I was using liver and suckers.

10. Corey

It was nice to be able to put a face with a name today fishing_marshall. Glad you caught some Cats. Was the water level going down much?

11. thanks for the tips Corey.
    The water wasn't up as much as i thought it was going to be.