close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tappan Flathead

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by 8racing3, Jun 24, 2007.

1. 8racing3

8racing3 member

Hit Tappan last night to do some catfishin'. Had a great night and a couple good runs and one of them ended in a fierce battle with a flathead. it was 42.9 pounds and 46 inches long. It was a nice fish. Took a couple pictures and sent him on his way.

2. What do ya use for bait for them giant cat fish?
    Rod and reel set up? must be like an ocean pole, eh?

Love to catch just one before I die...or even watch someone catch one that big.

Congrats, that's for sure. :)

3. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Very nice cat, grats.

4. Fishing-Miller23

Fishing-Miller23 It's Miller Time!

Nice Fish! Are you Paris Bryan? Josh said something about a 42 pound flathead

5. 8racing3

8racing3 member

yes i am. you know my little brothers micah and josh. dude we need to get together with my brothers and go fishing.

6. Fishing-Miller23

I was the red headed kid that was at micah's grad party when that Sean Wilson kid wouldn't leave haha.

Yea we should go sometime, let me know when bc I don't have a job at the moment haha.

7. 8racing3

8racing3 member

oh yeah, that one kid. alright i will let you know. you need to show me some good spots on the tusc for smallies.

tclark we were using creek chubs and big shad. Some people use bluegill or rockbass. we found a nice shallow flat and casted them about 25 to 40 yards out. some people row the lines out, but I look at it this way the big shovelheads come in close to prey on the baitfish. in the last year we have caught a 42.9, a 45.5, and a 35.7 pound shovelhead. if you put in the time you will eventually catch one. good luck

8. Fishing-Miller23

I've fished some spots with my cousin and have caught a couple smallies. I did get a 21 inch saugeye by Dover Dam last Tuesday. So I know some spots, but I need the fish to cooperate haha.

Dang those are some big flatties.