Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The LEWT Tournament got canceled yesterday due to the wind. Decided to hit Tappan and stay at my buddies cabin on the lake. Trolled for about an hour, and got what I thought was a snag at first. 45 minutes later, I boated this 43.2 pound flathead with the help of another boater passing by. He jumped in my boat, and netted it for me. Had five boats hovering next to me watching the fun. Got it on 12 pound line, SR5 clown Shad Rap. Had the pleasure of meeting Buddy Punk from the site while the fight was on.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
nice fish me thanks the water is right to bad wind was bad sunday was my day to go out lol

·
If your gonna be a bear..
1,188 Posts
Hetfieldinn,

That was great watching you land that, I wish my brother and I had gotten there sooner to watch the whole fight. Here are a few of the pictures we took while watching you land this great Flathead!

Good going on your catch and it was great to meet you!

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
thats crazy het!!! you trolled right past me between the handicap dock and the marina!!!! did not know it was you till i saw this post!!! wind was nuts so we trolled also...got a bunch of small crappie,white bass,lg mouths, and a bluegill legally caught trolling a vibe!!!!:D

·
Registered
11,356 Posts
Always something special when "The Snag" starts to swim away.:D Good way to strengthen your arms.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
How long was your catfish? Last year I was lucky enough to land a 38 inch flathead at Tappan. I did not have a scale and so couldn't get an accurate weight. Maybe if I could know the length of your catfish...?

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How long was your catfish? Last year I was lucky enough to land a 38 inch flathead at Tappan. I did not have a scale and so couldn't get an accurate weight. Maybe if I could know the length of your catfish...?

I have no idea what the length of the fish was. I wanted to get it back in the water, and I didn't have a tape measure with me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts