close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tanners

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by Cat~n~Crappie, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Looks like were heading to Tanners tonight...any reports on locating some shad there right now? We hit the spillway at CC today and only ended up with 4, would like to locate some fresh ones when we get to the river tonight.

We plan on getting there around 3 in the morning.....looks like we'll be dressing for some arctic weather with the low around 32 tonight..

Cat~n~Crappie

2. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

Well, good luck tonight. When i went there earlier in the week, much to my surprise shad was easy to get. Usually this time of year i have trouble. They were all over in the creek where you lauch. I bet ya i wasn't 40 feet from the ramp and caught a few dozen in 10 throws all around 6 inches long. A few smaller and a few bigger, including a monster that was about 12-14 inches.....HUGE!!!
    Couldn't ever find any skips, but they were hitting the shad heads pretty good. I was concentrating on deeper water, especially with a nice drop-off. Good luck stay safe and warm.
    Lee