Talked to Al Linder Last night

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by FactuaL, May 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FactuaL

FactuaL Banned

I spoke to aL linder on aim last night for about 15 min.. What an honor it was to talk to one of the greatest freshwater fishing anglers of all time. We discussed early season tactics for panfish, Catfish, and bass. I told him about the fishing conditions in my yacht club and my success in the past. We went over my tackle bag and came to a conclusion that i need more finesse baits for the bass, more styles and colors.

We went over my jigging tactics and he approved them. He did explain that i might be overfishing one area without exploring more nooks and crannies. He feels that my skills will improve even more once i find a small john boat or something to fish more open water and find wintering holes. I felt the same way seeing that me as a shore fisherman has to wait until the fish move up onto their prespawn beds and feeding grounds. So i will be looking for a small boat and fish finder so i can mark fish and follow them throughout the season instead of anticipating the shallow water bite. Doing this will keep me on top of fish all season Long...

2. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

Are you sure you weren't watching a In-fisherman DVD while playing on-line poker?

He's a great guy, we just had a few beers together at the Auburn Inn. We talked about catching Crappie under the 422 bridge on Ladue.

3. Had Al over my house the other evening. We had a cookout and roasted some weenies. After a few beers he tried hittin on my dog. Als taking me fishing on Thursday to Hinckley Lake where we will be fishing for the elusive fresh water drum.

4. Nightprowler

Nightprowler Crappie Hunter

Are you sure that wasn't Babe Winkleman? I got a friend who drank a few beers with him and he started crying and telling him all his problems.....lol.

5. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Enough of this guys lets move on.

6. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

i must of missed this joke somewhere????? :confused: :confused:

7. Very interesting..... Please tell us about the other pros you've talked to... We ALL love to get good tips here on OGF, so please, tell us more.....

8. Now that right there is hilarious! LOL!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.