Taking Young Nephews

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fbcoachfisherman, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Am scheduled to take to young nephews fishing Saturday. We were gonna Perch, but mother Erie is not going to allow it. They are very young (preschooler and 1st grader), so I have my hands full. I am looking for another option since I'm not going to be able to get on the lake. Our only option is panfishing. I have never fished the harbors before, so I am looking for some help to see if that is an option. I thought about LaSuAn but that is a good run for youngsters. I live in Oregon these days. If you could get us on some panfish I would really appreciate it. If necessary, please PM me.

mike

2. Why not try one of the local places where the trout were released? I think the DNR has those locations on their website. Olander park in Sylvania is one if I recall.

3. olander is having their trout derby saturday,sign up is at 9 a.m. and lasts until noon i think. they always have prizes for the kids.

4. Thanks for the tip. Someone also told me about a place near Perrysburg. Do any of you know about Knights Preserve?