close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Taking Rustyfish out tonight

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by Fishman, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Will post when we return in the morning, he needs to catch a new personal best for the year. 3#lbs. Wish us luck.

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

good luck guys on your quest for a big fish!

3. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

The flatheads didn't cooperate. Could of caught channels all night if we would of switched over to cut baits. We managed 3 channels, I'll post the pictures of them tomorrow since we are going back out again tonight. Defintally not hitting the same spot, going to try another spot and hopefully find some flatheads that'll cooperate. All the fish were caught on 4-6" hybrid gills. Rusty missed what seemed like a good run of the night, a nice steady run, aposed to the channel cats that plagued us all night by picking up and dropping (there are no gar where we were fishing, I know what you're thinking - Rustyfish was with me so we must be paylaking - NO! there just isn't any gar there :D )

I'll post results when I get back tomorrow.

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I would say good luck on the Flats, but that would be a lie, you already have one twice the size of my PB. Hey I can honestly say Good Luck to Rusty though :)

Tom, you better practice up, becasue on the 17th I'm going to take you & Flatty to school!!!!

Flathead 101
    Instructor: H2O Mellon
    Who's Eligible: Everyone, Open Enrollment

5. When and where is this class taking place,I would like to sign up :)

6. H2O Mellon

From the way the summers sounding, most of us really do need a class, Truck has it still been slow on the BigO?

7. Brian I have not wet a line in the Big O In 2 monthes :( Eagle Creek will be the next time I fish ;) One more week!!!!

8. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

OOOH that sounds like a threat! Should be intersting watching you rummage around for bait like a raccoon while Jack and I dip into the wealth that is my bait bucket :D

9. H2O Mellon

Actually Tom, it sounds like Flatty (Jack) will have to work. If you still want to go, let me know, if Flatty does work, I may fish around our area real late Sat or wee ours of Sun night after the day @ Eagle Creek.

10. You guys all going to Eagle Creek?

11. Its not toms fualt, god is just getting back at me for my paylaking days. i would take up carp fishing but iv bad mouh it so much the fish gods wouldnt let me catch any of those either. Its just on bad year.

12. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

To make a long story short, we ended up pounding the channels all night on Thursday. Didn't manage a single flathead :(