Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
PeerlessII Cleveland
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While fishing NW of Cleveland last Saturday we caught a tagged walleye. The survey guy from ODNR was at the marina when we got back in. He took the tag with him. He left a message on my voice mail that the tag on the walleye was from Montana. How could a walleye from Montana end up in Lake Erie????? Hopefully He'll get back to me with more details.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
While fishing NW of Cleveland last Saturday we caught a tagged walleye. The survey guy from ODNR was at the marina when we got back in. He took the tag with him. He left a message on my voice mail that the tag on the walleye was from Montana. How could a walleye from Montana end up in Lake Erie????? Hopefully He'll get back to me with more details.
How far back were you trolling????????

·
I AM THE VOICE OF REASON!
1,428 Posts
Tom,

I didn't know that fish was yours. I saw the tag and talked with guy after the Edgewater Contest. He was at a loss has to how it could have happened at that time. But after giving it some careful consideration it appears you might have violated the contest rules by NOT fishing Lake Erie waters ONLY.

Can you have the rules committe contact me please. LOL!

Dixie Chicken

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
:DThere a sheephead out there with a Fla tag too. Thats how clean Erie got.

·
Defensor Fortis
4,379 Posts
That proves Michigan sucks! The fish don't even want to live in Michigan! They now have to come to Ohio :D

·
Registered
16,834 Posts
4 on: Today at 10:22 by Eugene Braig, Ohio Sea Grant

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This just in from the sage Travis Hartman (and Tim Bader) of the ODNR Division of Wildlife:

The infamous Montana walleye was, in fact, a Mt Clemens MI DNR tag. Tim Bader has the tag in hand.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
That proves Michigan sucks! The fish don't even want to live in Michigan! They now have to come to Ohio :D
I was thinking that same thought;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts